Buff for weaker stats like blood pumping / hearing?

Started by HarmlessOrange, April 04, 2021, 10:56:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HarmlessOrange

Increasing these two stats don't give as big improvements as increasing movement or manipulation. So I have few ideas for buffs to make them more viable.

Hearing. Remove the cap. Hearing above 100% literally doesn't give any benefits. Removing the cap would make bionic ears viable for traders and animal herders. Those benefits could have diminishing returns but at least they would do something.

Explanation: According to Bionic Ear's description, with that upgrade you could hear a cat before it appears. It also tunes itself to pick out meaningful sounds. This means it could pick out subtle tells and get a read on a person's emotions, giving you an edge in diplomacy or trade.

Blood pumping. Control the rate pawn's injury heals. According to wiki pawns have a base heal rate of 8, plus modifiers from resting and treatment. A pawn with blood pumping above 100% could have a higher base heal rate than a normal pawn. And a pawn with lower blood pumping could have a lower base heal rate than a normal pawn.

Explanation: Faster blood travel means platelets can get to the injury faster and in greater numbers. Nutrients and oxygen can also get to cells quicker, improving recovery.

This is my first post here, by the way. So hi everyone! What do you think?

willywonkasrevenge

I agree. It would make sense that better hearing might give some slight combat bonuses, too. Obviously, hunting would be easier with super hearing so maybe have it slightly reduce the chances of an aggressive animal attacking a colonist since they would be able to hear the panther stalking them. This one is difficult to implement since the game doesn't really include any sneak mechanics.

And I totally agree about hearing giving a bonus to trade and diplomacy.

Alenerel

I dont know what to think about blood pumping = heal, we already have the healing enhancer for that. Maybe remove the healing enhancer and implement this instead?

HarmlessOrange

Other idea I just got was for metabolism affecting nutrition you get from food.

If a meal gives 1.00 nutrition (Ik they give 0.9, but bear with me), then with 110% metabolism this meal would give 1.10 nutrition. While 60% metabolism would make this meal give only 0.6 nutrition.

Metabolism means how well a creature's body converts food reserves into energy to sustain life, better metabolism means they're more efficient at taking energy out of food.

Maybe better stomachs could also increase the food cap. Go from max 1.00 nutrition to 1.25 for example, or more. (Yes, I know that Royalty DLC already gives stomach that decrease hunger rate, but this isn't exactly the same thing.)

Canute

I rather would say metabolism reduce the pawn hunger need, since a lower metabolism reduce the overall pawn doings.
A better stomach could increase how much energy he get out of the food.