give me my refund.

Started by Bigdestyn, May 06, 2021, 03:47:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigdestyn

I might have 208 hours, but the game is not worth close to 60 dollars.
i want my money back!
even on any difficulty my colony always shits itself,
and for those idiots who say "hurr durr so little hours!". Let it be known i dont spend all my time playing shit games.

Ramsis

As your copy of RimWorld is on Steam you'll need to reach out to Steam/Valve's customer support team. Here is how you can go about that:

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=6695-QIKM-7966
Ugh... I have SO MANY MESSES TO CLEAN UP. Oh also I slap people around who work on mods <3

"Back off man, I'm a scientist."
- Egon Stetmann

Awoo~

Bigdestyn

you clearly know that this wont solve anything.
fuck you, i dont need to respect you if you get to do the slightest shitposting on the website, yet act like the church.

Ramsis

Quote from: Bigdestyn on May 06, 2021, 04:06:28 PM
you clearly know that this wont solve anything.
fuck you, i dont need to respect you if you get to do the slightest shitposting on the website, yet act like the church.

Bigdestyn we aren't able to assist you as you didn't buy your copy of RimWorld from a platform we have sales control over in the way that you're requesting support. I don't know if Valve/Steam support will be able to help you in this circumstance, I'm only trying to assist you based on your request. At this time we can't help you with a refund, but Valve/Steam might be able to.

Respect has nothing to do with the matter, I'm just trying to assist.
Ugh... I have SO MANY MESSES TO CLEAN UP. Oh also I slap people around who work on mods <3

"Back off man, I'm a scientist."
- Egon Stetmann

Awoo~

KillTyrant

Quote from: Bigdestyn on May 06, 2021, 03:47:55 PM
I might have 208 hours.... i want my money back!

haha, do you try to return used toilet paper as well? The admin looks like he was trying to point you in the direction on how you might be able to get a refund. Kinda weird that you'd jump down his throat for attempting that.

Bozobub

This...isn't new; Bigdestyn has been on this path for a while, now.  Ramsis is just a saint, is all o.o'.
Thanks, belgord!

Bigdestyn

poopiemcbuttface

lmao, you have 200+ hours and your wanting a refund because your... bad?  :P

Bozobub

He's the kind of guy whom tries to return a half-eaten Chicken McNugget with a bite out of it to Taco Bell, insisting on a refund for the 20-piece he'd eaten most of :P .  It's just, "No, idiot," on so many levels.
Thanks, belgord!

UltimateTobi

Your generic Steam user.

BoogieMan

Unless it's something that a lot of people are having trouble with Steam does NOT care and they will NOT give you a refund if you have more than 2 hours of playtime.

I tried 5 times to get a refund on an old $8 game that is unplayable on my modern PC. But NOPE. I have like 5 hours of "playtime" all of which was spent trying to troubleshoot.

The years of loyalty, the thousands of dollars they've got from me doesn't mean a damned thing to them.

Besides, even if they weren't unfeeling fanatical zealots that would cling to an absurd refund policy until their dying breath, I don't think not liking or learning how to play a game is a reason they'd ever give a refund for.

Alenerel

Quote from: BoogieMan on June 11, 2021, 08:44:21 PM
Unless it's something that a lot of people are having trouble with Steam does NOT care and they will NOT give you a refund if you have more than 2 hours of playtime.
I tried 5 times to get a refund on an old $8 game that is unplayable on my modern PC. But NOPE. I have like 5 hours of "playtime" all of which was spent trying to troubleshoot.

I had the same experience. I "played" 5 hours of Hitman absolution, which were 100% me trying to make the goddamn game work. ofc they didnt refund it, and I even explained this in the request.

btw OP is just trolling

PleaseBro

Kinda funny the admin missed the joke.

Bozobub

Quote from: PleaseBro on June 21, 2021, 02:38:14 PM
Kinda funny the admin missed the joke.
No, just tedious; Bigdestyn wouldn't know "funny", if it bit him on the left testicle.
Thanks, belgord!