Tynan way of life

Started by Alenerel, May 08, 2021, 09:10:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alenerel

So I have read some posts that Big T has done in the past and I think I know how he likes to do things... Here I put a few examples of what others devs would do instead:

Traps
Other devs: make traps either always spring on friendies or never spring
Tynan: make traps that almost never spring, but you always can lose a pawn.

Nimble trait with traps
Other devs: make them immune to friendly traps or directly dont include any stat related to traps.
Tynan: make that it affects trap spring chance, but leave a bit just so you can always lose a pawn.

Surgery
Other devs: either bonuses stack up to 100% or bonuses are small enough that they can never reach 100%
Tynan: bonuses can go up to 100% but make it so you can always lose a pawn.

Meteorites
Other devs: dont even consider them. A meteorite of the size in the game would be equivalent to several thermonuclear explosion that would wipe half of the planet.
Tynan: the game makes a compromise between reality and fiction just so you can always lose a pawn.

Armor
Other devs: multipliers are sacred. 2x2=4
Tynan: a great bow has a chance to pierce a cataphract armor and also a chance to destroy the part it hits even tho its damage should be reduced to a minimum, so there is always a chance you can lose a pawn.

Idk about you guys, but Im starting to see a pattern here...

tynon pls

KozmoD

Lol I think it makes sense for a storyteller perspective. Security accidents, tragic surgeries, meteor strikes and that time the big bad Cataphractarii was killed by a lucky arrow. Its not always about winning, I think. (even tho surgery in this game can be really annoying)

Bozobub

Just a note, but only as one example, a properly-made and -fired greatbow, with good arrows/arrowheads, CAN pierce hard armor with difficulty.  Yes, really, even moreso for heavy crossbows 8).  In fact, they penetrate most modern infantry soft protection (Kevlar, et al.) far better than rifle bullets!

https://www.military.com/video/armor/body-armor/modern-crossbow-vs-modern-body-armor/4845667319001

They don't have anywhere near the same rate of fire or range, mind you, and bows take far more training to use than guns, but they are fantastically effective weapons, even to this day, against most conceivable "manpack" armor.  Unless you have literal "full plate", there's always going to be bits that aren't protected as well, if at all.

Seems perfectly legit to me, frankly.

Thanks, belgord!