(1.2) Pawns are recreation deprived and set to only recreation but won't use joy

Started by bonnie1999, May 13, 2021, 07:56:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bonnie1999

objects

I have tested multiple new saves and using various different types of recreation objects hasn't fixed this. I don't think it's a specific modded recreation object causing this (the error still occurs even if I turn all of them off). I have their schedule set to just doing recreation because I noticed in a save that my pawns weren't using recreation and were all recreation-deprived, and even if they don't have any work scheduled they will still do work instead of recreation.

The error that starts to get repeated is:
Exception in RimWorld.ThinkNode_Priority_GetJoy TryIssueJobPackage: System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: type
  at System.Activator.CreateInstance (System.Type type, System.Boolean nonPublic) [0x00003] in <567df3e0919241ba98db88bec4c6696f>:0
  at System.Activator.CreateInstance (System.Type type) [0x00000] in <567df3e0919241ba98db88bec4c6696f>:0
  at RimWorld.JoyGiverDef.get_Worker () [0x00008] in <c36f9493c9844ddaa7fb5c788416098f>:0
  at RimWorld.JobGiver_GetJoy.TryGiveJob (Verse.Pawn pawn) [0x00081] in <c36f9493c9844ddaa7fb5c788416098f>:0
  at Verse.AI.ThinkNode_JobGiver.TryIssueJobPackage (Verse.Pawn pawn, Verse.AI.JobIssueParams jobParams) [0x00000] in <c36f9493c9844ddaa7fb5c788416098f>:0
  at Verse.AI.ThinkNode_Priority.TryIssueJobPackage (Verse.Pawn pawn, Verse.AI.JobIssueParams jobParams) [0x00022] in <c36f9493c9844ddaa7fb5c788416098f>:0
Verse.Log:Error(String, Boolean)
Verse.AI.ThinkNode_Priority:TryIssueJobPackage(Pawn, JobIssueParams)
Verse.AI.ThinkNode_PrioritySorter:TryIssueJobPackage(Pawn, JobIssueParams)
Verse.AI.ThinkNode_Tagger:TryIssueJobPackage(Pawn, JobIssueParams)
Verse.AI.ThinkNode_Subtree:TryIssueJobPackage(Pawn, JobIssueParams)
Verse.AI.ThinkNode_Conditional:TryIssueJobPackage(Pawn, JobIssueParams)
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker.DetermineNextJob_Patch4(Pawn_JobTracker, ThinkTreeDef&)
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:TryFindAndStartJob()
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker.EndCurrentJob_Patch1(Pawn_JobTracker, JobCondition, Boolean, Boolean)
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker.JobTrackerTick_Patch0(Pawn_JobTracker)
Verse.Pawn:Verse.Pawn.Tick_Patch3(Pawn)
Verse.TickList:Tick()
Verse.TickManager:Verse.TickManager.DoSingleTick_Patch5(TickManager)
Verse.TickManager:Verse.TickManager.TickManagerUpdate_Patch4(TickManager)
Verse.Game:UpdatePlay()
Verse.Root_Play:Update()

And this is the full log: https://gist.github.com/36cad6cf86ac7eaae3923c68475ae6d3 . I think it might have to due with Vanilla Social Interactions? But I'm not sure

Canute

Hi,
you maybe right. When you look at the patch list for GetJoy you see that many patches comes from Vanilla Social Interactions.
Since these mod don't add any items/faction it should be safe to disable. Just try it out and keep that safegame.

You could ask the mod author at the mod discussion directly if you got.
But i think he will say, you should fix all these error's before you even start a colony. Currently it is hard to say if that problems comes from some these errors or from Socal interactions.

bonnie1999

Quote from: Canute on May 14, 2021, 03:26:34 AM
Hi,
you maybe right. When you look at the patch list for GetJoy you see that many patches comes from Vanilla Social Interactions.
Since these mod don't add any items/faction it should be safe to disable. Just try it out and keep that safegame.

You could ask the mod author at the mod discussion directly if you got.
But i think he will say, you should fix all these error's before you even start a colony. Currently it is hard to say if that problems comes from some these errors or from Socal interactions.
Sadly it's not this mod, I completely cleared out my workshop folder, deleted my rimworld files under Users, uninstalled the game fully, and then verified the game and reinstalled but I still have this error. I'm honestly not sure what's causing it at this point

edit: Vanilla rimworld runs fine I forgot to mention, I'm just going through my modlist now