Followers dropped on sand bag glitch

Started by Fishirboy, August 23, 2014, 07:20:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fishirboy

So I was fighting with some raiders and as you know they love to steal people. They ran up to my guys jumped over the sandbags and grabbed one of my downed characters. But since my men were about 2 feet away they gunned him down when he went back over the sand bag. Funny thing though, the person that was picked up was now gone. The enemy lay dead but after taking apart the mountain and sand bags the guy was gone. YET it showed the person as an active part of the group just crossed off because of being downed still. I was recoreding the moment with twitch.tv The link to the video is http://www.twitch.tv/m/620121. Go to time 3:50:32

Please some one tell me what happened...

ItchyFlea

Can you upload the save for that game? You'll also need to upload the file for the world you created that colony on.
I think I know what's happened but need the save to check. It's good that you got this on video, as it shows us exactly what the circumstances were that caused this bug.

Unless you've found him, or at least his corpse. If you still haven't found him, that makes it a lot easier for me to try and figure out where his body went. If you did find him, do you have that on video as well?
All my mods are licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International
Ask for permission before using in ModPacks

Click here for a list of the mods I've created

zakywak123

What it looks like is that the colonist no-clipped into the wall next to him! This may get annoying...

Fishirboy

To ItchyFlea I will see if the game has a save for that point.

To both zakywak123 and Itchy,

If you had skipped forward you would have noticed that I had dug out the wall destroyed the sandbags, cleaned the bodys up, I even thought about cutting the grass. Nothing was showing up of the 2 followers that were lost to the abyss. I played the game again (a latter part of it) and the problem was fixed. yet when it was going on the bed was said to be occupied by the downed people that were lost and really was confusing me.

(also when i clicked on the people it zoomed in to the sand bags. but there was nothing)

Also quick question. If a leg is taken off and the person is unable to go on (for some reason having one leg is a no go they just need to try harder) should i just let them die? or is there a way to fix it?

ItchyFlea

Quote from: fishirboy on August 23, 2014, 10:58:31 PM
Also quick question. If a leg is taken off and the person is unable to go on (for some reason having one leg is a no go they just need to try harder) should i just let them die? or is there a way to fix it?
They will be permanently bedridden. There is no way to replace the missing limb in A6. I believe this will be addressed/solved in A7.
All my mods are licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International
Ask for permission before using in ModPacks

Click here for a list of the mods I've created

Bodog999

QuoteAlso quick question. If a leg is taken off and the person is unable to go on (for some reason having one leg is a no go they just need to try harder) should i just let them die? or is there a way to fix it?

I know 1 way to "replace" a destroyed leg but you need to dig into the save file if your colonist has more lost limbs then you need to guess which one is which, I think it also says the ticks of how long its been destroyed, not 100% sure though. Search for the limb which you think it is and delete it.
(WARNING!!!! DOING THIS CAN BREAK YOUR SAFE FILE!!! BACK IT UP!!!)