No quests after 15 days 1.2.2900 + Royalty

Started by Kaiser09, March 10, 2021, 12:30:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kaiser09

Hi, It seems something broke my installation.
I was using some mods, everythings was working fine during my game, then I started a new game, naked brutality with Cassandra as storyteller at medium difficult.
It seems I am not getting any quests after 15 days now, I still have my initial pawn + a prisoner.
I get a good amount of visitors, few carovans and some animal self-tamed joined the colony (in a game I got 9 terriers) in another a horse + 2 donkey.
I always play with cassandra and medium difficult and it's quite usual to have this inizial quest about hosting a noble from the empire in exchange of some honor, instead it seems this quest not appearing anymore, it seems like the empire does not exist.
I have restarted the game 3 times, the same pattern seem to repeat, no quests, lot of visitors and animals joining the colony.

I do not have any error on initial screen, even if Im using few mods that do not add anything new (wall light, pharmacist, harmony, rimhud and stuff like that).

I tried everything, from reinstalling everything to removing any rimworld key from the register, I do not know if it is normal or not.

Canute

Even with Cassandra it isn't untypical not to get raids for a longer time, and it is Randy's special.
Since you don't have error's and geting other incidents i don't think anything is broken, you are just lucky/unlucky depend on the point of view.

Next time if you like to have more raid's, add an repeating incident "Enemy raid" at the scenario.

Kaiser09

Quote from: Canute on March 10, 2021, 01:40:23 PM
Even with Cassandra it isn't untypical not to get raids for a longer time, and it is Randy's special.
Since you don't have error's and geting other incidents i don't think anything is broken, you are just lucky/unlucky depend on the point of view.

Next time if you like to have more raid's, add an repeating incident "Enemy raid" at the scenario.

I was just wondering if the installation was broken or not, I like to play vanilla.
In the end I got the first quest, even if it is not the usual one of the noble chased by some mad animals.
I think it depends on the tile you play,I usually play on temperate forests, while I am now playing on boreal forests.

Canute

The biome doesn't matter except when you are on an extreme biome and the current temperature is to hot/cold for the raiders.
But the neightbours do, when you got hostile settlements closer you will encounter more raids then when you just got neutral/friendly settlements around you.

When the installation would be broken, you would see error's at the log window. But since you don't have any, anything is fine.

Pheanox

If you notice this pattern again, feel free to save the game and upload it here for us to look at.  You should use a file compression tool like 7zip or winzip to allow it to be attached with file size limits.  Without a save I don't have much to work on here other than to just agree with Canute and say you may just be getting very bad RNG.

BorisZ

Waiting more than 15 days could help. I started recently in summer, and got first quests on 2nd and 9th of septober, that's 17th and 24th in-game days. Dates are from quest log, when they were accepted, but i dont't thing I waited more than a few hours before accepting.

Kaiser09

Playing at medium difficult, cassadra classic, after 28 days I haven't got any royal quest, except the Deserter and 2-3 other not royal quests.

Plus, the game didn't ask me to rename the colony, which is quite weird, no ship wrecks crashs at all as well.

Sorry to bother you with this, but how can I attach my save? It's 7mega, and 7zip or winrar allow to create a 1.8 mb compressed file only.

Canute

You need to use one of the free filehoster and post the link here then.

But before you are doing this, don't forget this is for plain vanilla bugs. When you use any mods mosttimes it is a mod issue.
Check if you got any error's at the log window. You need to enable developer mode at the options first, then the top left icon.

But it is very untypical that you can't name faction/colony name.
But that could be the issue, and don't get any quests.

Pheanox

Yes you will need to use dropbox or google drive.  or alternatively, you can upload it on our discord server.

https://discord.gg/Wsu9DGGD

Put it in the #bug reports channel and @pheanox.

Kaiser09

Quote from: Pheanox on May 14, 2021, 11:44:17 AM
Yes you will need to use dropbox or google drive.  or alternatively, you can upload it on our discord server.

https://discord.gg/Wsu9DGGD

Put it in the #bug reports channel and @pheanox.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3qklbow5v3kistj/Mac%20Kenzie%20%28Morte%20permanente%29.rws?dl=0

Here's my save and the situation if you guys want have a look, maybe some bug is there:

60 in game days, got 1 honor quest (the initial one of a lady chased by squirrels), 3-4 tiny raids and few other quests.

Cassandra Classic at medium difficult.

Yes, there are some mods running (common sense, light wall, rimhud, lot of hairs and stuff like that), however none of them gives quests or are related to this mechanics.
I know I shouldn' post if mod are active, so feel free to ignore or close my post.