Mods from the Steam Workshop suddenly disappear.

Started by jptrrs, May 27, 2021, 10:35:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jptrrs

Many people reporting RimWorld suddenly turning a blind eye to all subscribed mods on the Steam workshop: https://steamcommunity.com/app/294100/discussions/0/3090011896377851866/

Attempted fixes that didn't work:
- Quitting steam and ending task in manager.
- Restarting computer.
- Selecting the latest beta version (1.2.2723).
- Selecting none for beta version.
- Clearing cache by going to Steam>Settings>Downloads> "Clear Download Cache" button
- Deleting "appworkshop_294100.acf" on the Steam\steamapps\workshop folder.

It seems it can only be solved by completely re-installing the game... I managed to skip having to re-download it by deleting BOTH appmanifest_294100.acf and appworkshop_294100.acf (at C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps), which forces Steam to re-install while recognizing the existing files. But it still re-downloads all workshop content.

But then.... it happened again! Can someone take a look, please?

EDIT: Clearing cache by going to Steam>Settings>Downloads> "Clear Download Cache" button DOES work!

mohreb

I've got something similar today
(that is why i am "necro posting" this thread  as it is still the first ludeon one
for searching "rimworld mods disappeared workshop"):
the games shows the disappeared mod like in the attachment, and if i try to go to it on workshop it states:
"Sorry!
An error was encountered while processing your request:
There was a problem accessing the item. Please try again."
seems like the mod has  been removed, but i already had it added to my game and so when i load it warns me.
It is weird that  a removed mod just goes poof and snatches it out even from my game.

Lori1979

https://steamcommunity.com/app/294100/discussions/0/3495383984951922273/ This is what I posted on Steam earlier tonight.... All my mods ingame say "downloading"... I have tried everything I can think of, I am not even sure if this is a game thing, a mod thing, a Steam thing, or whatever it is...