My colonists dont follow my orders when i'm using Vanilla Expanded Framework mod

Started by Mykah, May 20, 2021, 03:48:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mykah

When i try to play a new world my colonists don't do any of my orders. I search it on internet and the only thing i learn is that the problem it's related with Vanilla Expanded Framework mod. If i remove it the game work perfectly, but the other mods need it. I also try to install the mod again and change the order of the mods.
My mods are: Vanilla Expanded Framework, Vanilla Factions Expanded, Alpha Biomes, Alpha Animals, Z-Levels, Harmony, Empires and Vegetable Garden.
I attached the error that appear when i open the game, hope someone can help me :(

Canute

Our user don't follow the orders to read the houserules before posting anything ! :-)
Maybe you should read topic they are on top and special marked before you post anything.
This subforum is basicly for plain vanilla bugs.
When you got a problem with a mod, you should go straigh to the mod discussion of that mod.

I just tested it self and i don't get any errors when i activate "Vanilla Expanded Framework".
You should disable all mods beside Harmony and Vanilla Expanded Framework.
Restart Rimworld, because mosttime when you deactivate mods you are geting some error text at the log.
When you still got error's just with Vanilla Expanded Framework, your version is prolly corrupt.

But when you don't get errors, add more mods until you know what mods give out the errors.
I would bet on Empire (because i didn't found Empires) because i know the other mods and i didn't got errors with them either in the past.
Btw. i allways use hugslib too, even when no mod need it, it offer a comfortable way to share modlist and logfile.

Mykah

Yes, i know this isn't the correct topic. I notice that after posting and i don't know how to change it. This is my first time using a Forum.

I tried what you adviced me and the problem is Vanilla Expanded Framework. The error only appier if that mod is active, with the others who don't use it the game work perfectly.
I forgot to tell that i download again the mod in case it was corrupted, but that didn't work either.

Ramsis

Ugh... I have SO MANY MESSES TO CLEAN UP. Oh also I slap people around who work on mods <3

"Back off man, I'm a scientist."
- Egon Stetmann

Awoo~

Canute

Ok, since you said download i think you didn't use steam.
When you manual update mod's you allways should delete the old mod and don't overwrite it.
Sometimes the mod author change the file structure and then you have old version files left when you overwrite, but Rimworld still use these older files too.

IMO i don't think the problem is at Vanilla Expanded Framework itself, it is required from many other mods and the mod author/team is very competent and would fixed that allready.

It is either like a mention above a corrupt installation or wrong version (like when you download it from 3.party websites).

Just to be clarify. You geting these error's with Vanilla Expanded Framework alone too ?
If you only get these error's after adding Vanilla Expanded Framework, that don't mean Vanilla Expanded Framework made these errors.

Mykah

No, i'm not using Steam.
I delete always all the old mods.
The problem had changed a bit, for some reason Framework now work perfect if i play only with it (And Harmony, of course), I reset the PC, maybe that change something.
Anyway, It seems that Vanilla Factions Expanded - Mechanoids and Alpha Animals are causing the problem with Framework if they are active (One of them and both). I download them again in case they were corrupted, but the problem persist.

Canute

There must be something borked at your side.
I activate all 3 mods and don't got any errors.
https://gist.github.com/56e743d13446c5f365ac5678f1a6bcad

Do you maybe you an older rimworld version like 1.0 or 1.1 ?

Canute

Ok, then i recommend a complete wipe.
Delete at first the saved data folder.
If you don't know where it is located, at the options of rimworld you should have a button to open a file browser.
Delete anything beside saves and scenario's.
Start Rimworld and check if anything changed.
Then delete (not uninstall) the complete rimworld installation folder.

Reinstall Rimworld and the mods.
Maybe use RimPy as external mod manager, that allow you easiely download steam workshop mods. No need to search for external download links at the mod descriptions.
Just check the link at my signature.

Pheanox