Mods, compatibility, versions

Started by crusader2010, June 06, 2021, 06:55:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

crusader2010

Hi,

I haven't played the game in a while and would like to return to it. In order to do that I would like to know the answer to a few questions:

1. Are mods from v1 and v1.1 usually compatible with v1.2? I.e. did a lot change from 1.1 to 1.2 that more complex mods need updating?

2. Does anyone know a place for compatibility patches for the Combat Extended mod? For example, i'm searching for updated patches for GeneticRim, RimFire, etc. Unfortunately, most mod authors don't provide any hint about their mod's compatibility with CE, and i'm hoping for some consolidated place of patches.

Thanks
My mod pack: {A13} Mod Mega Pack

Canute

Hi,
some 1.1 mod might work at 1.2, but 1.0 definitiv don't. Better stay at mod made for 1.2.

When i look at your signature, the forum isn't the main place for mod releases anymore.
Many modder only release their mods at the steam workshop. And even when you arn't a steam user it is the best place to get the mods (check my signature).
If you don't find there it don't exist or is against workshop rules.

Ark

Many, many patches are integrated into CE. Including Genetic Rim and Rimfire.
https://github.com/CombatExtended-Continued/CombatExtended/releases

crusader2010

Thanks for the answers guys!! Don't worry about my signature, it's just old. Last time i played rimworld was when 1.0 launched.

I'm just sad there are a lot of good mods not updated for 1.2 :(
My mod pack: {A13} Mod Mega Pack

Bozobub

You'll find that most mods made for 1.1 work with 1.2, no sweat.  But yes, of course there's gonna be a few... ::)
Thanks, belgord!