No trade carovanes after a while: 1.2.2900

Started by Kaiser09, June 06, 2021, 03:36:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kaiser09

Is there an explanations why at some point the game stop sending you trade carovanes?

I have 12 colonies, lot of stuff, 143 days passed with Cassandra at medium level (but I changed during the game from Randy), the carovanes stopped arriving around  after 90 days, so about 53 days without them.

No errors of any kind.

Again, I am using few utility mods (numbers, minimap, rimhud, modmanager, weapons stats and of course hugslib and harmony).

Canute

The only unusual are your 12 colonies, must be a micromanagment nightmare.
With just 1 colony i would say, you got just unlucky rolls and cassandra just send you something different then trade caravans.
But since you got 12 colonies, you have 12 time the chances for them. Each colony got an own event queue. Then you must be very extremly unlucky (did you just found your ultimate love maybe ? :-) ).

And since you got 12 colonies, i don't think all of them are in extrem biomes that prevent caravan's to enter maps or got cold snap/heatwave's everytime a caravan want to enter.

Then maybe the extrem number of colonies are the problem itself, but that isn't something i can't verify.
Maybe upload the safegame and Pheanor could investigate more.

Kaiser09

Quote from: Canute on June 07, 2021, 06:31:49 AM
The only unusual are your 12 colonies, must be a micromanagment nightmare.
With just 1 colony i would say, you got just unlucky rolls and cassandra just send you something different then trade caravans.
But since you got 12 colonies, you have 12 time the chances for them. Each colony got an own event queue. Then you must be very extremly unlucky (did you just found your ultimate love maybe ? :-) ).

And since you got 12 colonies, i don't think all of them are in extrem biomes that prevent caravan's to enter maps or got cold snap/heatwave's everytime a caravan want to enter.

Then maybe the extrem number of colonies are the problem itself, but that isn't something i can't verify.
Maybe upload the safegame and Pheanor could investigate more.

uhh, I am sorry I misspelled it, I wanted say "12 settlers".

Canute

Then it is a case of unlucky rolls since you don't have any error's and the mods you use are "harmless".

Some people don't get raids for a long time and you no trade caravan.
But once you got a com console you should be able to request trade caravans.

Kaiser09

I bring this topic up once again because the issue, after months, seems unsolved and I do not think it's just "bad luck", something happened at some point with the configuration at some level.

I have tried many games, at least 6-7, always the same settings: Cassandra (or Randy) at medium difficult on boreal forest, commitment mode, naked brutality.

Mod: harmony  - Bubbles  - RimHUD  - modmanager  - HugsLib  - moreplanning  - dubsmintminimap  - ColorCodedMoodBar.11  - WallLight  - simplesearchbar  - WeaponStats  - Numbers

So nothing compromising from this point of view, no strange mods or mods that can alter the game in general.

The game start always very very slow and has always the same pattern, to sum up, after 70 or more in game days, having 8 pawns I barely see 1 caravan, 4 enemy raid (1 enemy each), 5-6 quest, one of which is royal (the dame chased by squirrels), then the game goes this way does not matter what I do or the wealth I can accumulate, there's anything else to do if not going forward with the research.

I know, it can be "bad luck", but it's not the case as I know how the game works, it should clearly be much more dynamic, nevermind if you use Randy or Cassandra.
Where are the monument construction quests? Where are the royal quests? and what about the raids?

I have of course removed rimworld and installed it again in another folder, deleted of course the setting folder in appdata, even clear the win registry from all the entries of rimworld. Nothing.

The only solutions I see are two:
- Remove windows because something happen at registry level maybe or somewhere else and affect rimworld even with a new installation.
- Try last game with no mod at all, maybe one of these is the guilty?

Canute

When you don't have any error's show at the ingame log window (you need to enable developer mode at the options to open the log window with the top left icon), the installation is fine at first.
So far i know there is no gamerelevant registry entry. All are at the Config folder you allready deleted.

The mods looks for my basicly harmless and i don't think they have any impact on the gameplay.
Permadeath/commitment  don't have any impact on the gameplay too, you just can't save/load like you want and need to live with the consequences.
If you want more caravan's you maybe should start near a friendly settlement, and when you like to caravan too, start on a street or even better on a crossing of streets.
Same for raids, the chances for raids are near to a hostile settlement are higher.
But even far away from everything, you should get caravans/raids.

Kaiser09

Quote from: Canute on June 22, 2021, 06:01:57 AM
When you don't have any error's show at the ingame log window (you need to enable developer mode at the options to open the log window with the top left icon), the installation is fine at first.
So far i know there is no gamerelevant registry entry. All are at the Config folder you allready deleted.

The mods looks for my basicly harmless and i don't think they have any impact on the gameplay.
Permadeath/commitment  don't have any impact on the gameplay too, you just can't save/load like you want and need to live with the consequences.
If you want more caravan's you maybe should start near a friendly settlement, and when you like to caravan too, start on a street or even better on a crossing of streets.
Same for raids, the chances for raids are near to a hostile settlement are higher.
But even far away from everything, you should get caravans/raids.

I know, "I should", I played near enemy settlements, far from them, near neutral ones, always on a street or a cross but the result is always the same, the game get stuck somewhere at some point with raids, quests and carovanes.
Some red error is appearing later the game I can see from the log, but as far as I know they are harmless.

The only strange thing I noticed, but I may be wrong, is a game freezing for a fraction of a second as if the game would throw something (an event) but then nothing is appearing.

Canute

Error's during gameplay are never harmles.
You need to live with them yes, you maybe don't see any problem but they maybe are the reason that no caravan/raid would spawn.
Enable Developer mode, then Open debug logging menu with one of the top Icons.
Select "Future incidents", it will show all coming events the storyteller allready plan for that colony.

Kaiser09

Quote from: Canute on June 22, 2021, 06:57:52 AM
Error's during gameplay are never harmles.
You need to live with them yes, you maybe don't see any problem but they maybe are the reason that no caravan/raid would spawn.
Enable Developer mode, then Open debug logging menu with one of the top Icons.
Select "Future incidents", it will show all coming events the storyteller allready plan for that colony.

Ah, did not know about that, I'll try it

Pheanox

Please upload for me a save if you can for me to review.