RimWorld port to switch?

Started by Andris121 4, June 28, 2021, 04:54:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andris121 4

Greetings to everyone!

I really like the game very much and I would have a question as to whether in the future it is conceivable that the game will appear on a nintendo Switch. Because I had two beautiful little girls, and for obvious reasons, I can't sit in front of the computer. On the other hand, I have a ninetndo Switch console where I could continue to play my beloved game.

Thank you for your answers!

Have a nice day!

Ark

I find it very, very, very unlikely that RimWorld will be ported to Switch. It is an aging platform, and RimWorld is a cpu-heavy game.
Old thread about the subject: Can we Play Rimworld on Nintendo Switch?

Canute

You could install Linux on the Switch and try the Linux version of Rimworld.
But i don't think the Switch give enough videopower for Rimworld.

Ark

I am not an expert, but I think you need RimWorld that is compiled for ARM, Nintendo Switch uses Nvidia Tegra X1 SoC which has four Cortex-A57 cores running at 1.02 GHz.
Emulation seems like a terrible idea.
https://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/577953/is-it-possible-to-run-x86-executable-on-arm

Bozobub

While it may be difficult to run RW directly on a Switch, you can do so *indirectly*, by streaming the game to the Switch from a PC.  This ofc runs best on your own network but can do pretty well, if both ends of a remote connection are fast enough.

More info:  https://gbatemp.net/threads/in-home-switching-stream-your-favorite-pc-games-to-your-nintendo-switch.526108/

You could also do something similar with Steam's "Remote Play" feature, a decent phone/tablet (iOS or Android), and a controller.  Both methods actually work surprisingly well, IF the connection is good enough to the PC running the actual game, although you'll want a *ginormous* phone, if you wanna be able to read anything o.o' .

Hopefully this works for you, until a Switch version comes along =) .
Thanks, belgord!

RawCode

children are not present in game due to ESRB rating stuff.

just like "rebranded" drugs and few other changes.

games are not solely about "male fantasy" there are many other things that developers must take in account.

BlackSmokeDMax

Don't know if Switch has an option for Geforce Now, but perhaps that would work for you?

Rocket_Raccoon

No, very unlikely that it every will.
Also, you *had* 2 girls?