Is there any way to modify the 5500 silver quest reward cap?

Started by pingtothepong, July 04, 2021, 03:41:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pingtothepong

Hey peeps. In update 1.1.2575 quest rewards were (understandably) nerfed such that
Quoterandom (are generated) rewards only up to 5500$, the rest will go into market value fillers like gold, plasteel, and uranium. This avoids absurd rewards with large numbers of unique quest items in modded or ultra late-game scenarios
. The main problem with this is that these filler rewards come in ludicrous values late game, and the actual valuable quest rewards (modded gear items, archotech items, etc) are still out of reach. I think the intention of the change was such that the player wouldn't be loaded with quest-only chase-items after doing a single quest.

The vast majority of quest rewards come in the form of
x persona weapon
x eltex gear
x filler

which makes the pursuit of archotech and modded quest-only weapons and armor really hard to find, so much so that many people wonder if certain items are even in the quest reward pool. Anyone know of any mods to change this to pre-1.1.2575?

FelipeBarreto

I have an issue with the mod Spartan Foundry because it's almost impossible to find the armor pieces beyond Good quality. This is while I'm equipping every one of my colonists with Masterwork Recon Armor, Legendary weapons and full modded bionics.

Is this related to the quest reward cap? If yes, I'd like that changed as well.

ShadowTani

I don't think the value cap should be removed. No doubt the static value cap is not taking into account higher value loot from mods and the rewards could be a bit more varied when the reward value goes beyond 60% filler, but there's no denying that the balance would be way more off without the cap. The better suggestion would probably be to make the cap a bit less static: that it scales slightly with the colony wealth on top of a base value, and that there's also a secondary cap on the number of non-filler items, which may or may not scale as well.