[1.2] (WIP) Red Horse: Tacticool Expansion

Started by Chicken Plucker, March 17, 2018, 10:21:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Galactic Empire vs US Marines. Who will win?

The freakin' MARINE CORPS BABY OOH-RAH SEMPER-FI!
38 (15.2%)
Galactic Empire. It's treason, then.
43 (17.2%)
This is ridiculous, the Army would step in and run over everyone with their Camaros
3 (1.2%)
This is ridiculous, the Navy would step in and sing YMCA during the fight
5 (2%)
This is ridiculous, the Air Force would be in a 5 star hotel dropping MOABs
9 (3.6%)
This is ridiculous, the Space Force would send in Master Chief
34 (13.6%)
Russia.
118 (47.2%)

Total Members Voted: 250

Rocket_Raccoon

Not sure if you will read it, but yeah, I am not using  void or doom mod either, hence no feedback.
Void because I am not interested in it, and doom because my current mod setup does not match doom setting.
I am very much looking forward towards updates of us military mod and sas black kit.
Your gear/real life mods are what I very much like and what I follow/use.

Kind regards

Chicken Plucker

Quote from: Skynert on January 17, 2021, 02:58:32 AM
Epic
Quote from: Wavy Neptune on January 20, 2021, 08:08:59 PM
Victory
Quote from: Rocket_Raccoon on January 21, 2021, 11:03:35 AM
Royale

Hey fellas quick reply before Monday eats me alive. It is actually a shock to me for you guys to say that, I assumed VOID and DOOM series were the most popular especially since VOID has been the mod mostly mentioned in rimworld discord and the mod mostly played by YouTubers (from the RH collection). I'm assuming that's probably due to it's challenge.

I have found this difficult to admit but when I do have time to update and patch mods, I struggle to find motivation and drive to bloody do it. I feel like I've been outdone by wonderful modders like JangoD'Soul, Oskar and TMC with their great works of art, vanilla art style and such. Even that one helicopter mod that did things in vanilla style too caused a lot of people to switch off Get to the Chopper cause why not? I am in the position where I can't invest as much time in RimWorld anymore and certainly not enough time to learn C# or practice on the vanilla art style so I see these Red Horse mods slowly fading. Makes me sad, but I'll push on finishing what needs finishing before I go.

Sorry for waffling, I need some sleep

Canute

Don't forget the forum isn't the mainstream of rimworld user anymore.

But from what i read about VOID/DOOM it isn't a "simple" weapon/clothing mod anymore like your first RH ones. It is upwards like as you added the vehicles at the past.
Your skills at modding advanced ! :-)

Maybe you should think about to switch to the cyber division, do your CO know about your hobby ? :-)

Skynert

Well, Im using Rimmunation AND Vanilla Expanded Weapons, becouse more guns is more safety. Like in this great vid of your's

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hYvzMb-I4g

Wavy Neptune

I wouldn't say cyber, I'd say his more modern era mods were the most popular. The mods he created for B18 were top tier. A complete us army kit would probably be amazing. or even those old mod projects he had from A17-0.19 he never released...hell if I'd love to help CP, but i don't know coding, maybe i should learn.

Axl4325

Hey man, just registered to say that I love your mods and the world would be a worse place without them. To be honest the art style never bothered me, and that's because it aims to be detailed, a little realistic, quite outstanding from other mods that try to blend in nicely with the vanilla artstyle. If life demands it any other way, then it was nice having you around, you certainly put a lot of love and creativity into your work and it kept me playing the game for quite a long time. All I hope is that the mods keep being updated to the latest version of Rimworld

MrBriggs18

I'd say the importance of art being as close to vanilla as possible is overestimated. Besides - having several different options for the thing is always good. While I have nothing against the big mod authors, I wouldn't want it to turn into a monopoly where only a small group of chosen ones makes things. And yeah, I don't use VOID or DOOM, because I don't like the overpowered challenges (more of a build-a-village-and-be-happy person myself), and I also don't recognize the VOID from anywhere (don't know if it's an original concept or comes from some game I didn't play) and have a strong dislike for DOOM after everybody else was so hyped about Doom Eternal and kept showing it in my face like it's the only important thing in the world. Liked some other faction mods though, Umbra and a few others. The only thing about your mods that looks actually bad is extremely blurry gun textures.
Probably said a few things that weren't necessary. I don't post on the forums often enough, not used to the interface. You shouldn't feel bad for not doing things "vanilla style". Cheers.

Chicken Plucker

Work in progress .gif files are sped up for compression purposes

Hello all!

Been working on a John Wick animation, it's about 40% finished. I've had a very busy past few weeks especially since I'm moving to a unit now. I've been moving rooms, sorting out kit and etc. Being put into an EOD unit instead of Airborne, a bit relieved but unsure if I still want to pursue the airborne path in this career because it means back to training and getting to do disgusting PT up and down hills and falling from trinasiums and such. We will see.

I appreciate your comments regarding the art style, it's actually lifted my spirits, especially if a few of you guys bothered to register just to tell me that! Yes, I've been meaning to update the RH list but it's been a mixture of things getting in the way, when I do find time I have to battle lack of motivation. As soon as that VOID update (pending CE patches) is out I'll get back on US Military Kit while doing this Iron Man mod and DOOM's praetor suit update.

Iron Man mod is in the works, JangoD'Soul is providing the textures. I paid for it in commission, the only armour we have right now is Mk 1. I plan on doing Mk 2 after but after that I don't wanna do more suits cause it can get ridiculous, like come on, how am I supposed to emulate the nano-suit from End Game? forget about it.

- Armor can fly (needs chemfuel)
- Armor has a built in inferno cannon (modified version, smaller blast radius in 3 bursts)
- Armor has a built in rocket launcher (longer cooldown, probably the strength of one rocket from triple rocket launcher)
- You can stand in a podium and say "I am Iron Man."

Quote from: Canute on January 25, 2021, 03:39:44 AM
Maybe you should think about to switch to the cyber division, do your CO know about your hobby ? :-)

Thank you Canute, although no, I am set to be a mud muppet/please go find a bomb for four years. I want to be airborne but keep doubting whether or not I'll even get through the course a few weeks. Just waiting for COVID to stop putting a wall to that then it'll be on my hands. The guys who sit around and don't do much manual work are usually the Logistics and Clerks, they get made fun of the most but they get a lot of money for a lot of cushtiness so I can't even. I'd probably go insane spending too much time on a computer since I am battling some personal issues.

Anyway guys thank you for the replies, still got moving to do and a lot of bills to pay. I'm gonna stop commissioning Jango and Taranchuk for now, and I ought to STOP BUYING SKINS ON COD MOBILE CAUSE ITS NOT EVEN A GOOD GAME, STOP IT. (note to self)

Currently came into contact with a Patient B (someone who has been in contact with a COVID positive CPL) and now I don't know what's gonna happen to me. Her majesty's finest says I don't need to isolate unless Patient B (I'm Patient C) shows symptoms of the fluhan from wuhan. Hopefully next week I get more free time, not get bollocked about in the new unit working from home and be super cushty so I can get some work done.

P.S. Thanks again for the feedback regarding mod preferences, was very confused since in Discord and Youtube Red Horse mods are barely talked about unless it's VOID faction. Probably because a lot of people like being tortured in the game or seeing others be tortured in the game. I'm surprised people are still interested in the tacticool stuff since I was under the impression people got a bit tired of them after all these new spacer theme mods came out. Will keep it in mind, thank you guys

Skynert

Tacticool is just too cool to be shown on YT. ;p

Canute

QuoteThank you Canute, although no, I am set to be a mud muppet/please go find a bomb for four years.
This one big enough ? :-)

Chicken Plucker

Updated Military Furniture (1.2) and uploaded it into the Google Drive subfolder "Furniture"

Realised I haven't actually uploaded the 1.2 update yet all this time I was in training, oops!
Ain't nobody tellin' me nothin'

VOID update's beta has been updated with various fixes and etc. in the demo folder

I'm gonna go bed cause a troop commander is gonna interview me "tommorrow" and it's already 5:30 AM.

Quote from: Canute on January 30, 2021, 03:06:36 PM
QuoteThank you Canute, although no, I am set to be a mud muppet/please go find a bomb for four years.
This one big enough ? :-)

No

Quote from: Skynert on January 30, 2021, 02:51:52 PM
Tacticool is just too cool to be shown on YT. ;p

I wish

Chicken Plucker

14/02/21

Hello all, I am closing this thread after some years of working with these mods. I have thought about it, and decided maybe it's time to move on.

When I say move on I mean rebuild all the mods from the ground up, coding and texture wise even if it takes forever. If you're interested, please wait out on the new thread.

Hi I'm remaking Red Horse. I know.

I'm re-opening this thread for now since new updates haven't been finished for these mod series for the VOID Faction

Skynert

Chicken Plucker

Quote from: Skynert on February 14, 2021, 03:40:44 AM
So, its closed, but open? ;p

It is mainly for the unfinished VOID update. May not include these on Red Horse 2 cause you know, old resolutions and stuff. Monsters are fine though, those guys are already high res

Chicken Plucker

Download link is in the front page
Bug patches update:
Factions affected:

• Coalition
  • Allegiance
  • Last Man Contingent
  • The Ghosts
  • Task Force 141
  • Militaires Sans Fronteries

Rimmu-Nation fixes:

• Rimmu-Nation Security 1.2
  • Rimmu-Nation Weapons 1.2

In summary, faction scenarios due to the way there were coded caused issues for players and got errors that PlayerFactionBase is being overwritten. I was summoned in discord to sort it out.

Rimmu-Nation Security's claymore is coded similar to how Rimmu-Nation 2 - Security's claymore works now to prevent mod conflicts if someone were to ever use the two (which is not recommended by me in the first place) and the Weapons mod just had the Kar98k texture assigned correctly to where it should be.

After I upload the VOID update this thread will be locked soon since I am abandoning support for the new versions later on. See you all in Red Horse 2