V1.3.3050 - Bestowing Ceremony bug

Started by Lucifercrush, July 05, 2021, 06:21:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lucifercrush

Noticed this bug on a test run of the new beta, i was playing with a very LIGHT modlist (only 4 mods that are cosmetic) i then TURNED OFF all of the mods and reproduced the mod multiple times in new unmodded save files

1. What the circumstances were.
Completed a quest to receive honor, and proceeded with the yeoman ceremony quest (this can be reproduced with dev tool award honor)

2. What happened.
When right clicking the bestower with the undrafted pawn set to receive the title, nothing happened

3. What you expected to happen.
I expected the option "Do Bestowing Ceremony" to pop up and be able to be selected

4. Steps we can follow to make the bug appear on our machine.
Create a new save file, award one colonist with dev tool "award 10 honor" to meet the yeoman title requirements, try to interact with the bestower with this awarded pawn

5. Savefiles
I do not believe a save file is necessary due to it being replicable in new save files

zanderdrax

1. What the circumstances were.
Received Bestowing Ceremony quest after achieving Yeoman honor

2. What happened.
Could not start ceremony by right-clicking on the fellow with the hood.

3. What you expected to happen.
There should be a drop-down menu on right-click.

4. Steps we can follow to make the bug appear on our machine.
Attempt ceremony after a pawn receives required honor for first bestowing ceremony.

5. Savefiles
n/a

StlyAu

Had the same thing in the 1.3.3051 version. Party event occurred just before the bestowment was accepted. Clicked pawn to talk to bestower, but pawn went into party mode and then wouldn't go to bestower who was waiting. Couldn't click the bestower for option while undrafted after that first time. Drafted gave arrest or combat.

Save file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/k01f4dyb19ba09a/Peace%20Annex.rws?dl=0

Trogl

I don't know if this is a bug. I think the way the ceremony is initiated has changed. I now had to select the bestower instead of the pawn. He had a button for the ceremony at the bottom of the screen. When I clicked it a new UI-window showed with more options to chose how to proceed with the cermony. The cermony also had a ranking with a percentage simular to speeches now. I think it's a cool change.

TheUnspeakable

This was correct.  It was my issue.

StlyAu

So one of the new changes that wasn't mentioned in the patch notes updates then?

TheUnspeakable

Pheanox

Just to clarify, other than the clarity error, there is no bug in this post?

Lucifercrush

Yeah I've just had a look, it's just an undetailed change, there's no bug as far as i'm aware now, i'll just lock it now