[1.3.3050] Female animal don't show up in auto-slaughter menu

Started by Mirador, July 05, 2021, 03:56:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mirador

Greetings,

1. What the circumstances were:
Just started a new colony with the lastest 1.3 update. I tamed 3 gazelles (1 male and 2 female) and 2 boomalope (1 male and 1 female). I put then all in one middle-sized pen.

2. What happened:
Both females gazelle had one baby each, so I was exploring the new auto-slaughter feature to automatize meat production in the colony.
I click on auto-slaughter, and see 1 male gazelles, 1 male boomalope, 4 other gazelles and 1 other boomalope.

3. What you expected to happen:
I expected to see 1 male gazelles, 1 male boomalope, 2 females gazelle, 2 other gazelle (their baby) and 1 female boomalope in this menu.
Those females are not pregnant nor immature.

4. Steps we can follow to make the bug appear on our machine.
The bug is still present in my savegame file.

5. Savegame file
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1zuSGMRChpNqFnln_71B6Ns1YrkyS6v3T/view?usp=sharing

6. Log File
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1JgVay7pm8dbNXCfvVq_kuDJIcf6GAspW/view?usp=sharing

Please correct me if I missed something.

Thank you for your time!

Mehdive

1. What the circumstances were.

I'm playing the 1.3.5052

2. What happened.

As you can see on the picture below, i have several adult boars and many other babies

Yet the auto-slaughter is supposed to keep only 1 male and 1 female. I know pregnant animals are not taken into account but my animals are always pregnant. Last but not least, it happens that the female who's finally killed is not the oldest because the oldest is actually pregnant...

EDIT : I have now 3 adult female in my pen...

3. What you expected to happen.

Auto-slaughter should take pregnant animals into account so our pens are not overpopulated.

AileTheAlien

This happens with my yaks too; Seems to be any female animals.

Ashnoom

+1. However, _some_ female animals do show up.
I have 4 hens and it counts 4
I have 4 (f) Alpaca's, one pregnant and it counts 1
I have 7 (f) Donkey's, 4 pregnant and it counts 0

Donkeys and Alpaca's are set to max 2. Hens to 4

Pheanox

You can perform an operation to spay/neuter your animals, which will stop them from being pregnant.  Or have a pen to separate breeding pairs.  This is as intended, if you are trying to increase your yield of animals, you don't want to slaughter your pregnant animals.

AileTheAlien

If it's intended, it should have some explanation like "pregnant animals are not slaughtered or included in totals". (Possibly also a separate column for pregnat females.) It's confusing enough that it's been reported as a bug more than once.

For that matter, why assume players won't want to slaughter pregnant animals? It would be less work than sterilizing each individual animal (only one setting to change), and younger females can always be bred later to increase the population.