[MOD] (Alpha 6) More Biomes v0.95

Started by ItchyFlea, August 14, 2014, 09:13:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ItchyFlea

More Biomes v0.95

Description:
This mod implements the currently unimplemented biomes with their own unique flora and fauna.
The current version implements all biomes except for Tropical Rainforest. That one will be implemented at a later date.

Most of the graphics are placeholder. They will be replaced at a later date.

Biomes:

• Ice Sheet: Adds Penguins and Lichen. The lichen is a food source for penguins only. Colonists will not get anything if they harvest it themselves. There is no soil suitable for planting crops, so you'll have to either hunt penguins or rush hydroponics research.
  • Tundra: - Adds Caribou and Poaceae Grass. The permafrost soil can be used for growing plants, albeit very slowly. The Poaceae Grass is what the Caribou will eat as food. Penguins have a very small chance of spawning in this biome.
  • Boreal Forest: - Adds Birds and Blueberries. Has large patches of dense forest that pawns can walk through. All the soil here can be used for planting.
  • Tropical Rainforest: - Coming Soon

Mod Team:

Download:

Screenshots:

Notes:
  • Birds sometimes get stuck in the forest. If this occurs an error message will pop up. The solution is to either hunt down the bird, or use Dev tools to kill it. Hopefully this issue will be solved in v1.0

Changelog:
v0.95:
Implements the Tundra and Boreal Forest biomes and adds a few biome-specific things.

v0.9:
First Public Release. Only contains Ice Sheet Biome with penguins and lichen.

All my mods are licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International
Ask for permission before using in ModPacks

Click here for a list of the mods I've created

The Outsider

Sounds challenging. Maybe you could add polar bears to the ice sheet? Just a suggestion.

coolflash

The mod sounds cool. Trying it now :)

Great work!

Avis

I would definitely like to see the new biomes working, I'll download it tomorrow and give some feedback.
I remember the days of giving prisoners peg legs, and then removing them to immobilize them.

ItchyFlea

Teasers for the unfinished tundra and boreal forest biomes:
(The penguins in both these screenshots are there to work around a bug in the game. Both those biomes won't have penguins when complete.)

Tundra: http://i.imgur.com/dCIlOrY.png
Boreal Forest: http://i.imgur.com/fEiCR7t.png

I've never seen places that have such biomes/ecosystems, so I'm creating these based on what Google Image Search shows me.
Any and all suggestions for improvements to those biomes is welcome.
All my mods are licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International

Ivia

Dr. Z

Correct me if I'm wrong. But if I count correctly there are now 3 of 6 biomes in vanilla RimWorld. If you add 4 new you ether replace one or add a new one (which would be ice sheet?).
Prasie the Squirrel!

ItchyFlea

Quote from: Dr. Z on August 15, 2014, 04:06:13 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong. But if I count correctly there are now 3 of 6 biomes in vanilla RimWorld. If you add 4 new you ether replace one or add a new one (which would be ice sheet?).
You're correct, there are a total of 6, 3 of which are currently implemented. To add the 7th I've changed the unlandable Ice Sheet biome into one that you can land in.

Khadi

Sounds awesome, but the trees man. Trees in the boreal forest should be conifers only. And a little of snow in this biome, like little ponds on the beach one, would add a lillte bit of reality to it. Also, if you added the pinguins then no polar bears. Pingiuns live on the south pole, when the bears are on the north one. Arctica and Antarctica man. Two diffrent things.

Dr. Z

Are you really complaining about penguins and polar bears living in the same biome on a planet where exploding rats are living?

Also great work, looking forward to the 1.0
Prasie the Squirrel!

Khadi

I'm not complaining, I'm just saying. He didn't add them yet, but he said that he don't know much about this biomes, so I told a little bit. Whats wrong with that? :P

Dr. Z

Nothing's wrong with it, just a funny thing I noticed.
Prasie the Squirrel!

Howeln

Dr. Z

How would you descripe a boomrat then?
Prasie the Squirrel!

Khadi

In our world, yes, they don't exist. Muffalo don't exist either. But the talk is about rimworld. So whats the problem?