[1.3.3069] Penned animals respect forbidden food

Started by Strill, July 25, 2021, 08:58:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Strill

If you put food in a pen, and forbid it, your penned animals will refuse to eat it. If penned animals are not meant to be "mind controlled", then penned animals should not respect forbid orders.

zgrssd

I disagree that animals should ignore orders.

And if you want them to eat it, just unforbid it?

Excellion

Quote from: zgrssd on July 26, 2021, 04:13:46 AM

Won't doing this create a job for the human pawns to haul the items to some form of storage? I think the idea here is to dump a bunch of food in a pen so that the animals can eat with little extra management.

That said: Wouldn't it be possible to create a (small) stockpile zone inside the animal area for the animals to feed on? Keeping it small while setting it to a higher priority than other stockpiles should guarantee it remains stocked as well without diverting too many food items to the animal pen.

zgrssd

Quote from: Excellion on July 26, 2021, 04:36:41 AM
Quote from: zgrssd on July 26, 2021, 04:13:46 AM

Won't doing this create a job for the human pawns to haul the items to some form of storage? I think the idea here is to dump a bunch of food in a pen so that the animals can eat with little extra management.

That said: Wouldn't it be possible to create a (small) stockpile zone inside the animal area for the animals to feed on? Keeping it small while setting it to a higher priority than other stockpiles should guarantee it remains stocked as well without diverting too many food items to the animal pen.
If I want food in the pen, I put a storage zone for it.
I set the priority high.

And either the capacity is kept small or it set to hay only, as to not draw everything there. Trying to manage animal food with Forbidding does not realy make sense to me.

Moderator Note:

Thanks for the report, this is an intended feature of the game.