Warg can't haul in 1.3

Started by khun_poo, July 12, 2021, 01:25:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ShadowTani

Those who've claimed to tame them would destroy all the hives before any downed insects woke up from coma, in which case the downed insects would wake up in a docile state. If there are any hives left on the map they would wake up aggressive. I haven't tried this myself though, so can't confirm anything.

khun_poo

Just my hypothesis, Hive that spawn from the ancient danger (and Too deep event) belong to the insect faction. I saw that the megaspider that I caught belong to the hostile insect faction that always -100 relationship.

Maybe only insect that does not belong to the insect faction could be tame. Like the one you found on random cave. Not sure about Infestation event. Might give a mountain base a try next run  :) .

ShadowTani

From my tests it is possible, though I dunno how the faction thing work for them or if it even matter anymore, it seems to work the same whether or not you've destroyed the hives beforehand. Though it's a huge pain either way because they will attack you during the taming process whether or not it'll succeed or fail, so you need to do it with an armored pawn and preferably one that have acquired a state of inspired taming.

RawCode

everything can be checked with dnspy or tested with devmode, starting new map  with caves and killing hives with devmode literally 2 minutes to test, this is answer about what state of insects if all hives dead.

same with infestation event, ever faster to test, you do not need to reroll map if it happen to generate without hives.

also its always possible to check save, to make extra sure that insects always have faction and cannot be tamed directly or by events.