Warg can't haul in 1.3

Started by khun_poo, July 12, 2021, 01:25:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

khun_poo

just found that warg unable to haul now make me sad  :'(

this changelog below never said anything about it.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/e/2PACX-1vRsxUoc5eA1dqi0nrMKxCuN8nt0So7_qvwwkkiyug6SLyjgJFNEu0XGBmQ7aCb9xgdnfy0t5CSkbPyL/pub

Is there any change I'm unaware of?

Bozobub

The hell?  Are wolves somehow idiots now, or something?
Thanks, belgord!

ShadowTani

Yeah, there's a lot of animals that have been nerfed in regards to trainability, not just Boomalopes.

Animals that could be trained to guard and attack before, but cannot be trained at all anymore include:
Alpaca, Alphabeaver, Boomalope, Boomrat, Capybara, Caribou, Cassowary, Cobra, Cow, Deer, Elk, Emu, Gazelle, Ibex, Lynx, Ostrich, Raccon, Tortoise, and Wild Boar

Bison, Dromedary, and Muffalo could be trained to guard before, but cannot be trained at all anymore.

Donkey, Horse, and Pig was possible to fully train before, but cannot be trained at all anymore.

Arctic-, Fennec-, and Red Foxes were all able to be trained to haul before, only incapable of rescue, but can now only be trained to guard and attack.

Warg could be fully trained before, but can only be trained to guard and attack now.

Megaspider and Spelopede could only be trained in guard and attack before, but are now also able to learn rescue and haul.

Other animals remain unchanged in regards to trainability, which means regular wolves (Arctic and Timber) are still fully trainable. I assume the logic behind the change for the Wargs are that they are too aggressive to be trained for manual tasks.

Bozobub

You can't train pigs?!

OK, yeah, not a fan.  I'll be going back to 1.2.
Thanks, belgord!

Andy_Dandy

Good changes. Gives more variety, and wargs are pure combat dogs.

Bozobub

Quote from: Andy_Dandy on July 13, 2021, 01:25:56 PM
Good changes. Gives more variety, and wargs are pure combat dogs.
It makes zero sense.  Yes, you CAN train literally every canid with quite similar success; if you can train a dog to do it, you can certainly train a tamed wolf or fox to do it (if it's big enough for the task, of course).  Nor does it make sense to not allow pigs to be trained for hauling, as one of the smartest animals.

This merely makes you use more animals.  And you can bet people will drop the less-useful ones completely, as well.
Thanks, belgord!

RawCode

it's game, keep your IRL stuff away from "fun".

Bozobub

Lousy excuse; if you're going to use real-world animals, they should have at least some similarity to their actual traits.
Thanks, belgord!

AncientGammoner

Bozobub

They're just bulky, aggressive wolves.

If you wanna use the archetypes, you really ought to have them resemble the things they represent.  And dumb pigs simply makes no sense =) .
Thanks, belgord!

khun_poo

Warg is a great hauler due to their ability to only eat raw meat and they eat less than husky. Also their bite dmg is high as well. Kind of OP imo so they are first choice of hauler bot. But it can't be help if the game change now.

Quote from: ShadowTani on July 12, 2021, 09:56:17 PM
Yeah, there's a lot of animals that have been nerfed in regards to trainability, not just Boomalopes.

Megaspider and Spelopede could only be trained in guard and attack before, but are now also able to learn rescue and haul.

Oh! Wow  :o. maybe these pesky bug might replace my warg lol. Any idea how to tame them?

Canute

But warg's got 60% wilderness, that isn't much but it still made it more harder to train them which result at more work for the trainer special at lower skill when he fail most of the time.

When you destroy the hive, the remaining insect of that hive should become unbound and you should be able to tame them.

ShadowTani

Bugs are omnivorous so they won't replace Wargs in regards to diet, also, with a wildness of 95% they are almost as bad to tame and train as a Thrumbo. Even if their minimum handling skill is 9 you need a handling skill of at least 16 to overcome their wildness. Perhaps one of the ideology features allows you to make a colony that has an animal friendship bonus that makes them able to train animals with a higher wildness easier, but we'll have to see about that.

khun_poo

Today I open an ancient danger and found an insect hive. So, I tried to down some megaspider if possible then wipe the hive.

I order my men to draft carry them and place it in my barn (as show in picture below). Sadly, after it patch up and strong enough to walk, it's aggro its barn mate. Lose 1 husky puppy and injure a cow in the process  :'(

So then, I separate it to the isolate room. After it wake up, it still aggro my handler tried to tame it. Thus, give me no choice but to put it down  :-\

Also, I have check its stats and to surprise my curiosity. Megaspider wilderness got buff to 40% only. It's better than before now.

How do you guy tame them again  ??? ?

Alenerel

afaik insects cannot be tamed legitimately. but if tamed via dev mode or mod, they would have had the trainability mentioned

btw i see you also make the exterior row of floor in the throne room as stone and the inside as carpet. i do this with all my bases, and bedrooms.