[W|0.6.532] Colonist not regaining total health

Started by Neurotoxin, August 15, 2014, 06:53:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neurotoxin

Let me preface this with I no longer have the save and forgot to take screenshots and cannot, currently, reproduce it.

I had a colonist get wounded in battle. He went to a medical bed where he was treated poorly for his crushed (left if that matters) eye. After he recovered from treatment I went long enough that the wound became old and he was consistently stuck at exactly 50% health. After some time he got wounded again and after that he fully recovered his health.

I know this isn't the best bug report but I know sometimes the simplest mention of something can give you an, "AHA! I know what that is" moment so I figured I'd post it, if it happens again I'll be sure to save the relevant save files/screenshots and try to figure out a way to reproduce it.

OpposingForces

i got the same thing. captured an injured raider who has a permanently destroyed left lung. his health never climbs above half. always in slight pain. not sure if that's intended or not since tynan redid the health system so the bar isn't hp but overall health if i read the change log right.
No one can hear you scream in space. But the Raiders get a chuckle from you screaming while a boomrat eats you.

Bog

I think this is on purpose. It happens when a vital body part is damaged.

In the case of lungs and kidneys, the game thinks you can live without 1, but die if you lose both. If your character loses a lung or kidney they'll be "half dead", because losing the other lung or kidney will instantly kill them.
Divergence of Civilization Lead Developer (in this case that's the fancy way of saying "Only Developer")

Project Armoury Developer (New huge 2.13 Release now live!)

Neurotoxin

Quote from: Bog on August 15, 2014, 10:34:07 PM
I think this is on purpose. It happens when a vital body part is damaged.

In the case of lungs and kidneys, the game thinks you can live without 1, but die if you lose both. If your character loses a lung or kidney they'll be "half dead", because losing the other lung or kidney will instantly kill them.

True but you could (subjectively) easily live survive with 0 eyes. Losing an eye shouldn't make a colonist half dead. And that also doesn't explain going back to full after recovering from a new wound.