[1.3.3059] I think it broke. Getting a debud log error on start up

Started by AnActualDuck, July 13, 2021, 06:45:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AnActualDuck

Since the update to 1.3.3059 when I start up I'm getting a debug log error and now my saves won't load. I've tried all the basics like validating files and reinstalling but still seeing the debug error. Unmodded game.

Error in question:

Could not resolve cross-reference to Verse.RulePackDef named PlaceMakerCommon (wanter=include)
UnityEngine.StackTraceUtility:ExtractStackTrace ()
Verse.Log:Error (string)
Verse.DirectXmlCrossRefLoader:TryResolveDef<Verse.RulePackDef> (string,Verse.FailMode,object)
Verse.DirectXmlCrossRefLoader/WantedRefForList`1<Verse.RulePackDef>:TryResolve (Verse.FailMode)
Verse.DirectXmlCrossRefLoader/<>c__DisplayClass15_1:<ResolveAllWantedCrossReferences>b__0 (Verse.DirectXmlCrossRefLoader/WantedRef)
Verse.GenThreading/<>c__DisplayClass7_1`1<Verse.DirectXmlCrossRefLoader/WantedRef>:<ParallelForEach>b__0 (object)
System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback:WaitCallback_Context (object)
System.Threading.ExecutionContext:RunInternal (System.Threading.ExecutionContext,System.Threading.ContextCallback,object,bool)
System.Threading.ExecutionContext:Run (System.Threading.ExecutionContext,System.Threading.ContextCallback,object,bool)
System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback:System.Threading.IThreadPoolWorkItem.ExecuteWorkItem ()
System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue:Dispatch ()
System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback:PerformWaitCallback ()

TermyXX

Confirmed here on unmodded game.

1. Circumstances: updated to 1.3.3059. Game (modded) operated perfectly fine on 1.3.3058.

2. What happened: Error log throws exception. Can start a new game with no mods; with certain mods activated, UI will not load. With all mods deactivated, error message still appears.

3. What you expected to happen: Not this.

4. Steps:
Update to 1.3.3059
Start Rimworld
Profit!

Ahza

Was looking for the same exact thing. I have narrowed the problem down to inside the royalty data folder for 1.3. This error pops up while starting game in 1.3 with royalty. It is not popping up when you go to 1.2. You can also use 1.3 without royalty and the error goes away. Basically its royalty 1.3, whatever update that happened in the last 2 hours broke it and now no mods will load.

Nyogen

I got this error too, and the Unmodded game error. Both after Steam said it had an update this evening.

Ahza

TermyXX

Perhaps the debug log message disappears if you deactivate Royalty, but in my case the error persists when loading mods that worked nicely with 3058.

billzerkeley

I use mostly vanilla mods and since the update to 1.3.359, the UI completely disappeared and I had to ALT-F4 to leave the game. I had to disable all of the mods to get the UI to show up again.

Edit:  The CleaningArea mod will make the UI disappear, so disable it until it's fixed.

Pheanox

Is this still appearing in 1.3.3062?  I did not have this issue.