[A11] Apothecarius FD - A11 FIXES - YOU NEED THOSE (19.06.2015)

Started by JuliaEllie, August 15, 2014, 07:01:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you use the hivemind system?

NO
YES

Pandora

Sorry, that should have been "I need to see how this mode works". I hope to make a Hive colony.

Clibanarius

What an AMAZING idea to implement, holy crap. Thanks, Julia!

JuliaEllie

Shinzy

If I'd give myself the time to actually play I'd proabably have to set up a colony of hiveminded blood cultists with the help of edb's mod and all the surgery stuff I can find, too to start off with bunch of cannibalistic pale skinned creeps, to support it
oww

Demiurge

I really love the brain core idea. Can you make it so that you take out your colonists brains and put them into jars that connect to the core like any powered item does to power lines? I want a room of horrors :D

Killaim

Pandora

Books, desks...learning? How, more research. I can't find then in any category.

JuliaEllie

Quote from: Pandora135 on October 09, 2014, 07:50:51 PM
Books, desks...learning? How, more research. I can't find then in any category.

I removed the learning system for the Alpha 7 release because learning is fully implemented in Superior Crafting 2 and has improved since then also there is the Neurotrainer in the vanilla game now.
The learning system would also have broken the concept of the Hive Mind which is set to expand through assimilation. You add more skills to the Hive Mind by assimilating individuals with a higher skill than the Hive Mind.
Research is also done by assimilation - every trader carries Technology Chips you can buy and assimilate.

Ruin

Does this mean that during a solar flare, all you hive-mind colonists loose 0.1 skill per tick?

Matthiasagreen

I find this concept of a hivemind absolutely fascinating. I can't wait to try it out.
Hi, my name is Matthias and I am a Rimworld Addict. It has been five seconds since my last fix...

JuliaEllie

Quote from: Ruin on October 10, 2014, 01:14:55 PM
Does this mean that during a solar flare, all you hive-mind colonists loose 0.1 skill per tick?

yes but they dont lose 0.1 skill level but 0.1 xp points per tick. A solar flare is one day long which translates to 20k ticks which is 2000xp which hurts but wont ruin your colony also you can regain them by assimilating new colonists

Clibanarius

Sounds like time to wardec the star itself for denying you reliable and steady service.

Zeta Omega

I still don't get how the heck to use the hive mind, It wonk give me and option to put the drone part into people

JuliaEllie

The Drone Core will be installed with a normal Medical Operation like any other implant.

Ouan

More mods! I am going to try this mod with More Bionic Parts on Sunday. I am going to try to make a cyborg collective. With ErBs interface, Knockouts, and whatever I can find to make my smash and grab evil hive. Maybe make use colony prep and make the first batch all cannibals as well. :-0 Thanks for all your work!
Damn Pirates!