[A11] Apothecarius FD - A11 FIXES - YOU NEED THOSE (19.06.2015)

Started by JuliaEllie, August 15, 2014, 07:01:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you use the hivemind system?

NO
YES

Minus

Given that you're mixing herbs, I'd think it'd use the cooking skill realistically.
But so long as you have it giving medical XP, shouldn't it also require medical knowledge instead?

Our cybernetic hearts mean we care more!
Mods: Extended Surgery and Bionics, Brain Surgery, Medical XP Balance

Rikiki

Yep, in my opinion, crafting jobs should give crafting XP, mining job mining XP and so on.
If not, your guy never becomes better at his task wether he spends his whole day on it...

Nommy

well its not limited to giving xp for one skill only I dont believe so you could make it give both medical and crafting experience if you wanted about the formatting why do you think its a waste if time to me its kinda like trying to read something written without any punctuation sure it takes a second to add but it makes it much easier for people who are used to it its a good habit to get into imo well thats my 2c anyway

Compared to:

Well, it's not limited to giving XP one skill only I don't believe, so you could make it give both medical and crafting experience if you wanted.

About the formatting, why do you think it's a waste if time? To me it's kinda like trying to read something written without any punctuation. Sure, it takes a second to add, but it makes it much easier for people who are used to it. It's a good habit to get into IMO. Well that's my 2c anyway.

IDK why but when I add comments I keep getting these duplicate something-or-other errors. Dunno what's up with that. Maybe I'm doing it wrong.

datepicguywhoisawesome

I don't know if this is a problem with my mod, but how do you install the drone core???
:(

julsruls

Hey guys, just wanna know, how does the life support thing even work?

JuliaEllie

Quote from: julsruls on December 06, 2014, 11:46:39 AM
Hey guys, just wanna know, how does the life support thing even work?

The life support is an implant which replaces the original organ.

Iwillbenicetou

Oh, thanks. I just got 8 prisoners. Might use that to help heal all of them. I had to build another medic to keep up with all the people. (I have mechanical defense. It's sweet!)
Mod Help! The basics on how to download mods!

julsruls

Quote from: JuliaEllie on December 06, 2014, 12:44:00 PM

The life support is an implant which replaces the original organ.
I was actually asking how do you even use it without killing someone in the process.

Iwillbenicetou

There might be a option to "install life-support in desired part" That's how it works for claws and arms.
Mod Help! The basics on how to download mods!

JuliaEllie

Oh now I know what you mean.. Yes its a normal operation like harvesting or installing other implants :) If its not on the operations tab you did something wrong with recipe nurse :)

JuliaEllie

LunchboxKilla

I'm getting a TON of error messages when i go into my colony overview... Medicine skill not found.

JuliaEllie

Quote from: LunchboxKilla on December 10, 2014, 09:58:52 PM
I'm getting a TON of error messages when i go into my colony overview... Medicine skill not found.

I cant reproduce this - likely not an issue with Apothecarius.

EvilNickolas

I really like this mod, especially the hive mind part.
( i freaking love the hivemind stuff )

my only girpe is, that there are a number of mods out there that allow the production of med kits. (lol not at the time of writing, but it was the case in alpha 7) and adding a bunch of items with only one small purpose when others have more uses, it feels like clutter to me.

I kind of feel like the hive mind content should be moved to a separate mod and expanded. (there is alot you could do!)

The same goes for the medical plants and life support, if there were multiple uses for the herbal plants the mod could go a long way. (Has anyone explored ideas such as anti-depressants, or plague medications? perhaps 'administer anti-depressants' as an operations bill to boost your mood.. can operation bills even do things other than modify the body-parts?,
what would be awesome is something like a 'combat stim' that needs to be administered by a doctor that vastly boost movement and combat ability while reducing pain.. perhaps have it degrade organs when it expires, so that surgery is required to reverse the effects.. or just make you starve alot quicker if that’s not possible)

JuliaEllie

Quote from: EvilNickolas on December 14, 2014, 12:02:33 AM
I really like this mod, especially the hive mind part.
( i freaking love the hivemind stuff )

my only girpe is, that there are a number of mods out there that allow the production of med kits. (lol not at the time of writing, but it was the case in alpha 7) and adding a bunch of items with only one small purpose when others have more uses, it feels like clutter to me.

I kind of feel like the hive mind content should be moved to a separate mod and expanded. (there is alot you could do!)

The same goes for the medical plants and life support, if there were multiple uses for the herbal plants the mod could go a long way. (Has anyone explored ideas such as anti-depressants, or plague medications? perhaps 'administer anti-depressants' as an operations bill to boost your mood.. can operation bills even do things other than modify the body-parts?,
what would be awesome is something like a 'combat stim' that needs to be administered by a doctor that vastly boost movement and combat ability while reducing pain.. perhaps have it degrade organs when it expires, so that surgery is required to reverse the effects.. or just make you starve alot quicker if that’s not possible)

Thanks for your feedback. Apothecarius was the first mod adding a medicine production chain and is the "prototype" of medicine mods. It has seen a lot of additions, removals and reworks in its life time and is in a somewhat stable state (pun intented) right now. I have played around a lot with the medical system and medicine varieties but was never actually happy with my experiments. This mod started as a basic production chain mod and grew bigger and bigger over time until it lost its initial purpose so I cut it back to what it was meant to be. Apothecarius now provides the best mix of basic medical applications and advanced gameplay in my opinion.

At the moment I focus on creating proof of concept and prototype mods but also light hearted mostly single application mods I can create within 1-10 hours live with other people on twitch. So if I see one HUGE feature which abolutely has to be in Apothecarius like life support systems - because of the organ harvesting and trading boom - I will implement it but otherwise Apothecarius development is more or less on pause. I will update and fix it to every following Alpha until it becomes completely obsolete but it wont see regular additions or extensions anymore. Apothecarius became the elderly and wise master sitting in its rocking chair watching the youngsters play and contemplating about former times.