[A11] Apothecarius FD - A11 FIXES - YOU NEED THOSE (19.06.2015)

Started by JuliaEllie, August 15, 2014, 07:01:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you use the hivemind system?

NO
YES

Killaim

i never get around to using the hive mind - but i always want too (just busy with all other kinds of things :D )

if there is a option to force prisoners to be part of the hive mind that would be very epic - and ill definently use it more :D

Oga88

Kirid

I think the hivemind should be a seperate mod. I dont use it personally, but its brilliant. I never understood why its part of apothecarius. I use to mod to craft medicine, but the hivemind seems more technological.
You can't rollerskate in a muffalo herd

KDStudios

I love the Hivemind.
It's my go to mod to bring back vegetable colonists.
I don't know where I'd be without this mod.

But primarily I use this mod to craft medicine.

I would really like to be able to "recruit" people into the colony using the Hivemind, that would be amazing. Although with a negative mood affect (forced someone to join or perhaps New Data Introduction), to kind of balance it and made worse when you do it to more than one person before the effect wears off the colonists.

Ded1

Feel Good Modpack
Sorry but the pack isn't updated yet!

Just gonna be lurking the forums for a while.

Loki88

Quote from: Kirid on December 26, 2014, 05:18:58 PM
I think the hivemind should be a seperate mod. I dont use it personally, but its brilliant. I never understood why its part of apothecarius. I use to mod to craft medicine, but the hivemind seems more technological.

I agree with it being a separate mod. It could become a separate "Borg colony" mod, or a "hive overmind" mod. I guess that would depend if you want to go star trek vs StarCraft with the naming. I don't foresee it being a small amount of work to accomplish though. Especialy with all the updating, porting, patching, and hotfixing for A8 that's going to be happening for the next while. That being said it would be epic to force prisoners into the hive mind, Resistance is futile!!!

loc978

Quote from: KDStudios on December 26, 2014, 07:02:20 PM
I love the Hivemind.
That's pretty much my use for it as well (Only use for the mod now... I don't even craft medicine anymore, since growable meds have been worked into vanilla. Herbal for everyday injuries, purchased for surgeries). Brings 'em back as haulers and cleaners with decent speed, anyway (and they can technically shoot guns, sometimes in the general direction of invaders). Still haven't figured out how to keep their skills from degrading to 0 over time with it (the technology chips appear to do nothing when you "assimilate" them), but at least their move speed is 100%. Much better than your usual brain injury patient.

KDStudios

Quote from: loc978 on December 26, 2014, 08:45:39 PM
Quote from: KDStudios on December 26, 2014, 07:02:20 PM
I love the Hivemind.
That's pretty much my use for it as well (Only use for the mod now... I don't even craft medicine anymore, since growable meds have been worked into vanilla. Herbal for everyday injuries, purchased for surgeries). Brings 'em back as haulers and cleaners with decent speed, anyway (and they can technically shoot guns, sometimes in the general direction of invaders). Still haven't figured out how to keep their skills from degrading to 0 over time with it (the technology chips appear to do nothing when you "assimilate" them), but at least their move speed is 100%. Much better than your usual brain injury patient.

Yeah, I would love to know what technology chips actually do because they get "assimilated" and then... Well... What?
A good way to keep the skills up is to assimilate another person, it appears everyone gets the same skills which only gets increased by adding another person with a higher skill. At least that's what seems to happen, I'd probably need some input from the mod author.
But yeah, basically use it to bring back the poor vegetables. They literally starve to death if they even dare to leave their bed and AI Cores are expensive/rareish.

JuliaEllie

The technology chips give you research points in your current research. They are a fallback if people converted all their colonists but still need to research.

KDStudios

Quote from: JuliaEllie on December 27, 2014, 02:03:26 AM
The technology chips give you research points in your current research. They are a fallback if people converted all their colonists but still need to research.

Oh, well that would explain a lot. Thanks for elaborating!
So yeah, I don't really use the chips and knowing what I do now, I still don't think I'm going to use them much.
However, the Hive Mind part I use so much to bring pack the poor devils who were shot in the head but survived, giving their bodies a "second chance". If such an existence can be classed as that.

playajigz

Ok, so I might just be a total noob but how do I make drone cores, I have the Hive mind and I added the bill to make a drone core and nothing happens none of my pawns go to make it and I have all the required mats for it. Am I missing something or just dumb lol. Please help

Khrysanth

Quote from: playajigz on December 31, 2014, 03:30:05 PM
Ok, so I might just be a total noob but how do I make drone cores, I have the Hive mind and I added the bill to make a drone core and nothing happens none of my pawns go to make it and I have all the required mats for it. Am I missing something or just dumb lol. Please help

If you are basing the amount of silver on what the bill information displays, you should note that silver is one of those "different volume" items it warns you about (similar to gold). In this case, it takes 1500 silver to make a core.

As for tech research, I've pretty much gone with researching the "essential" technologies, then getting the entirety of MAI's research (Miscellaneous w/ MAI), and using her to do the entirety of my remaining research. And just for "robots taking over" appropriateness, I usually have her do the drone core installations.

If I could forcibly integrate prisoners, I would do so in a heartbeat.

playajigz

Xubrim

I posted a while ago about the growing flowers showing up as tiny, grey beds. Reinstalling and creating new maps/colonies does nothing. Strangely, deleting my appdata fixed it, but the problem eventually cropped back up. I know it's not the fault of the mod, and honestly isn't even a big deal, but I'm pretty clueless as to what could cause this. I don't even see anything important stored in the appdata in the first place. Any thoughts? Sorry for using you as tech support, but I'm hoping I'm not the only one that's had this issue.

edit: Actually had the same issue with Miscellaneous. Trader tent looking like a giant slab of meat or a dead muffalo is a bit strange. I wonder if I'm doing something wrong when I enable mods.

edit2: Using EdB's mod order, hoping that will fix it. One slight bug I've noticed while I've been doing this, though, is that the graphics for the growing plants seems to be randomized for red flowers. I guess "Graphic_Random" makes everything starting with "mediflowerplant" eligible? I renamed the relevant code and texture to "mediflowerplantr" on my end, but I bet changing it to "Graphic_Single" would work, too.

FictionXVI

Hi, I'm not sure if this is a known issue or not but I got the hivemind up and running and plugged the chips into a few of my pawns. It was great I loved it, but after saving the game and coming back in I noticed a problem. All of my drones colonists skills dropped. I had full power the whole time so I don't think it was that. I just wanted to make sure that if this is a bug it's known about, and sorry if someone already said something  :-\