[A11] Apothecarius FD - A11 FIXES - YOU NEED THOSE (19.06.2015)

Started by JuliaEllie, August 15, 2014, 07:01:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you use the hivemind system?

NO
YES

JuliaEllie

Its a known problem due to my foolish scrubness back then - I will rewrite the Hivemind system as soon as I find the motivation.

Ded1

Xubrim, The issue your having is cause you didn't restart the game (the whole game, completely quit out) after messing with your mod order/selection.
Feel Good Modpack
Sorry but the pack isn't updated yet!

Just gonna be lurking the forums for a while.

Bearsbandit53

Is there any way to protect against solar flares? It's a bit frustrating to lose a good chunks of skills to an event that is impossible to avoid.

JuliaEllie

Quote from: Bearsbandit53 on January 01, 2015, 07:29:18 PM
Is there any way to protect against solar flares? It's a bit frustrating to lose a good chunks of skills to an event that is impossible to avoid.

nope there is no way to protect against solar flares. Its a part of the experience - a hive mind is not a static thing it changes over time and knowledge is gained and lost all the time. Its an artificial organism which needs constant maintenance and sometimes you get some sometimes you lose some - its a way to keep the end game a bit more interesting.

SabakuOokami

Quote from: JuliaEllie on January 01, 2015, 07:34:25 PM

nope there is no way to protect against solar flares. Its a part of the experience - a hive mind is not a static thing it changes over time and knowledge is gained and lost all the time. Its an artificial organism which needs constant maintenance and sometimes you get some sometimes you lose some - its a way to keep the end game a bit more interesting.

Don't forget that it's also another reason why you shouldn't put 'all' of your colonists into a hive mind.

JuliaEllie

HIVEMIND SYSTEM REWRITE!! - finally..

Bugs have been shot.

edit: I uploaded the wrong version... fixed that.. if you downloaded it the last 20 minutes you should redownload it :D

instead of losing xp continously if there is no power on the hivemind you now have a 5% chance to randomly lose one level per 100 ticks.

Asero

Quote from: JuliaEllie on January 02, 2015, 01:09:32 AM
HIVEMIND SYSTEM REWRITE!! - finally..

Bugs have been shot.

Great, thanks for the update! Going to start a new game and try to see how far I get with everyone turned into drones  ;D

A possible option if you like, is just to edit the core IncidentDefs / Incidents_Bad_Misc.xml file to turn it off. Not really that hard to find...

Xubrim

Thanks for the update. The new version seems to still has the issue with the red medical plants showing up wrong, unfortunately.

edit: Also still has the weird bug where thousands (eight?) of silver are required per drone core due to the change in silver stack size.

Loki88

Kluge

You could please the masochists by significantly lowering the effectiveness (and priority) of "medicine" and instead of producing "medicine" from colored plants, they instead are used to make, say, antibiotics for infections, or ointment bandages for wounds. I haven't played around with modding Rimworld, yet, but I'd guess there's probably no way to do random rolls on "medicine" when used as an anesthetic, allowing for patients to occasionally wake up (to utter horror and intense pain) if a proper anesthetic isn't used.... or maybe there is... you're the expert. ;D It's always seemed wrong how reliable anesthesia is in RW... the shock of waking up mid-surgery could result in an automatic mental break and possible bleeding death (currently, colonists don't bleed during surgery because.... ???). Medicine skill should probably also be a factor in whether or not a surgery is botched.

A bionic spine would be pretty cool, too, but I suppose outside scope. I'd euthanize a particular colonist if he weren't so damned useful only because I'm annoyed seeing him in the EDB colonist bar showing yellow just for having a bad back. :D I don't seem to have a way to fix torso scars, either. Eventually, I'd assume there'll be an option to harvest a colonist's brain, have each brain unique (holding skills and traits of the person harvested), and implant that in either an organic "drone" or bionic Robocop (harvest colonist's brain, build line of organic or bionic arms, legs, lungs, yada yada yada, build a placeable suit, "install Jim in drone"/"rebirth Jim as Arnold Schwarzenegger").

... A merge with Extended Surgeries and Bionics might be worth considering. Right now, I think you're probably both going to end up making groin-mounted guns between A9 and A10 (B1?), with a bionic version in Minus', and a very disturbing organic version in yours (resistance is futile!). Anyway, I think just about anyone interested in expanding the fairly limited vanilla surgery options are going to end up with both mods anyway... I did and enjoy both. ;D -So thanks!

(@Solar flares, "Less Incident Trolling" is a fantastic solution)

... You know what else would be fun? Breast augmentations and penis enlargement. ... I guess that'll have to wait until Ty does a "relationships" update (some colonists turned off, some turned on, some get a mood enhancement every time they pass by the augmented colonist, some prosthetiphobes find it to be the work of the devil and leave the colony, disgusted this would be tolerated). :P

Oooh... one last idea to throw out there (both outside mod scope and probably impossible with current limitations)... kenneled fleshimals with mechanics similar to pasturing in Dwarf Fortress. Synthetic vat-grown animals would be kept in a pen, breed, and be regularly harvested by colonists when mature (maybe with a settings screen allowing colonists to leave "X females" and "X males" to breed). ETA: Though maybe Ty is planning on introducing kenneling/pasturing eventually in vanilla.

Foundryguy

A quick question, I've built the hivemind, but I can't seem to get anyone to craft on it to make drone cores. Any known fixes?

Xubrim

The drone cores aren't broke, per say, but alpha 8 introduced a glitch where the displayed amount of silver isn't the amount required. Bills require a whopping 20x the suggested amount of silver and gold (maybe other?) materials to complete, making each core take 8,000 silver. You can either edit the file manually (change the amount in "HiveMindPartRecipes.xml" to 20) or wait for an official fix. With luck, the weird display bug will be stamped out in alpha 9.

chaotix14

Hiveminds are usefull, but damn me if they aren't a risky move without the incident trolling mod. Solar flare will kill the intelligence of the general populace. Generally for this reason I use it only on otherwise less desirable colonists.

Also I made an additional recipe for medicine allowing me to refine the herbal medicine into proper medicine.(because I don't always have the power to spare for hydroponics, and with how much herbal meds you need it's still pretty balanced, cuz that's still kinda important to me) Took me a while to work properly... Mostly due to this being my first attempt at such a thing.

JuliaEllie

Quote from: chaotix14 on January 11, 2015, 10:26:24 AM
[snip]

Also I made an additional recipe for medicine allowing me to refine the herbal medicine into proper medicine.(because I don't always have the power to spare for hydroponics, and with how much herbal meds you need it's still pretty balanced, cuz that's still kinda important to me) Took me a while to work properly... Mostly due to this being my first attempt at such a thing.

Oh thats prtetty cool :) I thought about doing this as well. When I find motivation to mod again Ill totally steal this idea :D

Hayhorse

With this mod it seems to crash my game once enabled, any fixes? From what I can tell windows is loading it BEFORE the core folder in the mods folder no matter what. So I can change the load order to fix it, any known fixes?