Three questions regarding coding for new races/pawns/animals:

Started by LiberateTutemetExInferis, July 15, 2021, 04:58:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LiberateTutemetExInferis

- Is it possible to increase the amount of nutrition a pawn/animal's nutrition bar can store - without increasing said pawn/animal's body size?

- Is it possible make a pawn/animal apply the anesthesia hediff when they use a certain attack (i.e. a bite)?

- If it is not possible to make a pawn/animal apply the anesthesia hediff when they use a certain attack, is it possible to somehow make anything they bite fall unconscious after a short delay?

RawCode

asking to check "sources" with dnspy wont work i guess?

no

check vanilla "limbless reptiles"

no

with custom code and code injections you can do whatever you want, with xml you can use only things that already exists in vanilla.

LiberateTutemetExInferis

asking to check "sources" with dnspy wont work i guess?

no

check vanilla "limbless reptiles"

no

with custom code and code injections you can do whatever you want, with xml you can use only things that already exists in vanilla.

I'm not going for the toxic bite, I'm going for an anesthetic/tranquilizer one, and I don't know whether that exists within the code.

Canute

Like Rawcode said,
when such code don't exist you need to create it with c#.
When there is allready something with a toxic hediff, you just need to replace it with anesthetic hediff.
That mean you should find the code inside vanilla souce with dnspy, copy it to create your own code (.dll file) and modify it.
Maybe you should look at some mod's that allready use anesthetic hediff, just to learn how they did it (search the workshop for anesthetic).