[1.3.3061] Renaming issue with Labradors that is inconsistent with other animals

Started by ShadowTani, July 16, 2021, 11:15:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ShadowTani

1. Tamed and tried to rename a Labrador Retriever, trying to rename the dog proved more difficult than other animals.

2. When trying to rename any Labrador Retriever the backspace behaved like the left-arrow key instead, while the delete key doesn't do anything, this means the animals current name (e.g. "labrador retriever X") cannot be replaced the normal way. Instead the player must mouse-click and drag to mark the entire name, before pressing the backspace or delete key.

Uncertain if other animals are affected, but the backspace and delete keys behaved normally and as intended when trying to rename the following animals: Boomalope, Husky, and Pig.

3. I expected that it would be possible to clear the Labrador Retrievers current name by backspacing or deleting the letters in the renaming window before typing in a new name.

4. To reproduce:
a. Activate Development Mode in the options
b. On the Debug Actions menu choose to Spawn Pawn > LabradorRetriever
c. Tame the animal (Debug Actions > T: Tame Animal)
d. On the Labrador Retrievers Training menu choose the Rename Animal Button
e. Try to clear the name with the backspace or delete key without mouse-marking anything
f. Fail to clear any letters

ShadowTani

The issue persist in 1.3.3062, and 1.3.3063

I have now checked every animal and found that it also affects Yorkshire Terriers.

I believe the issue happens when an animal have a longer name than what the game normally permits, which is 15 characters, as the primary thing both animals have in common are default names that are much longer than that limit. Hope this helps. :3

Pheanox

Thanks for the bug report, I was able to reproduce this using your steps.