Useful Assassin, bug or feature?

Started by Col_Jessep, August 15, 2014, 07:55:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Col_Jessep

I was about to get rid of this guy because I thought assassins lose all their labor abilities. But this dude is healthy as a horse (unlike the colonist who lost an eye knocking him out), got good skills and is a hard worker on top of that. Being a psychopath is just the icing on the cake!

Apparently switching your line of work from hired thief to assassin gives you +3 social skills, too? Okay, must be that loosely buttoned shirt with the .357 magnum sticking out...  0_o

So, is this a bug, did I just get lucky? Storyteller is Classic Cleo, no mods. I'll make a backup of the save just in case.

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

Planetary Annihilation Imminent

UrbanBourbon

Could you hover the mouse cursor over the text 'Hired assassin' and check what the tooltip says? Does it list a ton of things that are disabled? And are they actually disabled in the Overview window? Can you actually order that guy do unassassinlike things? I guess you'll have to persuade him to join first...

Shinzy

You might be thinking of the Political Assassin, he loses all the abilities
or the vat grown soldiers

I can't remember if Hired assassin disabled anything

But hard working psychotic killer is luck and a feature! not a bug

Edit: and yeah mousing over the the thing would have been helpful, too =P
Like Urbs said

Col_Jessep

Here is the requested picture. I just thought assassins came with the "all kill and art" package. I never seen one with all labours enabled. Not that I'm complaining! I was about to turn this guy into cat food... =3

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

Rahjital

This is most likely a character somebody added through creative rewards, so he's unique in being an assasin who can actually do things. He's also unique in being an assasin with less than 10 fighting skills :P

Col_Jessep

Well, good job Mr Hurtle, you will be a cornerstone of my colony. Unless somebody puts out your eyes or shoots your legs off. Good luck! xD