Steam submission error "Workshop: OnItemSubmitted failure. Result: FileNotFound"

Started by GiantSpaceHamster, July 19, 2021, 01:53:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GiantSpaceHamster

It's not clear to me what file was not found. I had to rearrange the files in my mod for 1.3 to support backwards compatibility, so some files have moved.

The RimWorld log also has this:

(Filename: C:\buildslave\unity\build\Runtime/Export/Debug/Debug.bindings.h Line: 35)

Full error:

Workshop: OnItemSubmitted failure. Result: FileNotFound
Verse.Log:Error(String, Boolean)
Verse.Steam.Workshop:OnItemSubmitted(SubmitItemUpdateResult_t, Boolean)
Steamworks.CallResult`1:OnRunCallResult(IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean, UInt64)
Steamworks.NativeMethods:SteamAPI_RunCallbacks()
Steamworks.SteamAPI:RunCallbacks()
Verse.Steam.SteamManager:Update()
Verse.Root:Update()
Verse.Root_Entry:Update()

RawCode

private static void OnItemSubmitted(SubmitItemUpdateResult_t result, bool IOFailure)
{
if (IOFailure || result.m_eResult != EResult.k_EResultOK)
{
Workshop.uploadingHook = null;
Dialog_WorkshopOperationInProgress.CloseAll();
Log.Error("Workshop: OnItemSubmitted failure. Result: " + result.m_eResult.GetLabel(), false);
Find.WindowStack.Add(new Dialog_MessageBox("WorkshopSubmissionFailed".Translate(GenText.SplitCamelCase(result.m_eResult.GetLabel())), null, null, null, null, null, false, null, null));
}
else
{
SteamUtility.OpenWorkshopPage(Workshop.uploadingHook.PublishedFileId);
Messages.Message("WorkshopUploadSucceeded".Translate(Workshop.uploadingHook.Name), MessageTypeDefOf.TaskCompletion, false);
if (Prefs.LogVerbose)
{
Log.Message("Workshop: Item submit result: " + result.m_eResult, false);
}
}
Workshop.curStage = WorkshopInteractStage.None;
Workshop.submitResult = null;
}

solving your issue will be a bit more simple if you post your mod data.
unlike rest of the game, steamworksAPI implemented in native code, c# code you can see is mix of wrappers and syntax sugar, all real job done in native code.

GiantSpaceHamster

Quote from: RawCode on July 19, 2021, 11:14:15 AM
solving your issue will be a bit more simple if you post your mod data.

I'm including links to the version currently active on Steam and the new version I am attempting to upload. Both are just slightly too large for this forum unfortunately. The first, 2.5.5, is what is active on Steam currently. The second, 2.5.6-b, is what I am attempting to upload.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ywfp29dzlqjktyg/Moody-2.5.5.zip
https://www.dropbox.com/s/8mxp1qsfnkgrzbv/Moody-2.5.6-b.zip

I attempted to follow the instructions for supporting multiple versions of my DLL. I successfully tested the new version with both 1.2 and 1.3 but the upload (via 1.2) fails.

RawCode

very strange, i just uploaded your mod without any changes with exception of removal item id and little namechange

only possible reason is length of file path, i suggest you to move rimworld folder to root of disk (just copy it) and attempt to upload this way (game will run just fine after copy as long as steam already running)

also you probably should remove 1.1 support since you providing no 1.1 folder, this is not issue, but anyway.

GiantSpaceHamster

I just updated my RimWorld client to 1.3 on the main branch (via Steam) and now I no longer see the button for uploading changes to my mod. Did that process change?

The option appeared after a few minutes. Odd.

GiantSpaceHamster

New related problem...now when I attempt to upload the new version of my mod using the main RimWorld branch, it uploads it as a new mod. It does not see it as the same mod. Previously this only happened when I uploaded via one of the beta branches (which makes sense in that scenario).

RawCode

remove duplicate upload from workshop and set about\PublishedFileId.txt to proper ID.

then update again.

GiantSpaceHamster

Quote from: RawCode on July 20, 2021, 03:51:04 PM
remove duplicate upload from workshop and set about\PublishedFileId.txt to proper ID.

then update again.

Oh my mistake...I deleted the folder and forgot to replace the PublishFieldId file before my last upload attempt, so it created a new one (and new mod entry). Thanks, that fixed that issue.

Now that I am on RimWorld 1.3, the upload seems to work even from the original folder. Not sure what the issue was previously, but I think I'm all good for now.