[1.2] Pawns don't move, can't right click on new game

Started by Wulfila, July 19, 2021, 12:01:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wulfila

This is my first post here and I really need help. I've been trobleshooting to find the issue for a week now (mostly because my pc is slow) and I still don't know what's causing the problem.

So, I got a bunch of mods I wanted to use, hit new game and when the pawns come down from their shuttles, they get stuck with "wandering" but they don't move. I also can't prioritize anything, no menu pops up when I press the right button of my mouse... the pets can move if that helps.

I expected nothing to go wrong because, even though there's a lot o them, the mods didn't seem to conflict with eachother and i don't know what the error messages mean on the files.

https://gist.github.com/HugsLibRecordKeeper/d96307425793a68368a212cd20e74645

Canute

- Try not to keep old version mods at your Mods folder. Delete the Mods folder when you update Rimworld.
Even when you don't activate these mods, rimworld parse through all and generate messages. That made the startup a bit slower.

- read the 2.link from my signature, and overwork your modlist.

TheMediocreUnknown

I believe I am having the same issue. Game worked fine last night and after the small update today I cannot interact with any colonists, and they cannot move, except for my pet persian cat (woo.). I cannot access the mods window on the main menu. I can open the orders tab in-game (but none of its sub menus), but I cannot open any others. I also cannot open the escape menu. The menu's leading up to the "create world" screen seem to be fully functional, however the "create world" menu only has its title, seed title and box, randomise seed button and prepare landing's precise world generation %.

This has rendered the game totally unplayable, and in very strange ways may I add, all since playing the exact same save the night before.

Please let me know if this should be its own report, however as it seems to be the same issue (marked in my opinion by the fact our pawns cannot move, but my bloody cat can) I thought it best to first put it here.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Wulfila

Ok, I did it! 
Thanks Canute for your help! I did some more troubleshooting (this time with more knowledge) and found out the issue. I removed some mods that I thought was causing problems but it was dubs hygiene mod that was the issue. Not a bad mod, just wasn't working well with the other ones... I'll update this post with my new mod list soon, maybe it'll help someone.

And I hope you find what's wrong with your game TheMediocreUnknown, it wasn't easy for me.

TheMediocreUnknown

Not sure that is the issue for me, as I don't have dubs hygiene. Psychology is a likely candidate for me as it changes the way pawns work but (assumedly) not pets. Not much to go on but its something. I have been told that the vanilla expanded mods dont seem to work on 1.3 yet (not sure about the validity of this) so im first trying without those and some other minor mods. Will update on the results

TheMediocreUnknown

No changes after removing vanilla expanded mods, gastronomy and its new till dependency and psychology. Since I don't have dubs hygiene and my psychology idea fell through, I don't really know what to try next.

Any and all ideas would be greatly appreciated.

TheMediocreUnknown

If anyone knows how to fix the issue where I can't open my mods menu that would be incredibly helpful as I would then more easily  be able to identify which mods could potentially be out of date or causing the issue.

Canute

Delete the ModConfig.xml and the backup one at the Config folder, which are located at the same area the savegames are. Button at the Options to saved data folder.
Don't use a mod manager which isn't made for 1.3

TheMediocreUnknown

Hi Canute. May have found the issue; no modconfig.xml is present in my version of the files (as far as I can find). Am I looking in the right place? (E:\Steam launch\steamapps\common\RimWorld) (or any of its subfolders).
I do not have any mod managers installed so that shouldn't be the issue, unless a workshop mod can auto install a dependency mod manager which I don't believe they can.

Tried re-validating the game files on steam to see if that would generate a modconfig.xml however it doesnt seem to have and no changes can be found to the behaviour of the game.

TheMediocreUnknown

Followed the link in the game settings (I finally learned how to read your comment) and have found the backup "ModsConfig.xml" in the config folder (C:\Users\user\AppData\LocalLow\Ludeon Studios\RimWorld by Ludeon Studios\Config) and deleted it. Cannot find a "modconfig.xml" anywhere else.

Any ideas?

Canute

The path you found was the right path.
So far i know that the only place for the modconfig.xml (not sure if steam store it somewhere else too).
From previous reports about the mods window don't open, a mod manager mod was the issue.
Did you subscribe a mod manager, then unsubscribe it.
Steam should delete your local copy of that mod, and RW would start without the mod manager which cause the problem and you should be able to open the Mods window.
RimPy, an external mod manager could maybe help too (you should find it at the 1.link of my signature).