[v1.3.3067] loading saves from 1.2 have body parts swapped/mangled

Started by mini_totent, July 21, 2021, 05:55:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Perkules

I had a similar issue, when loading a save an arcotech leg was installed on tibia and the pawn was suddenly missing a foot and a leg. When unpausing the pawn drops after a second and needs rescue.

No mods running, ideology and royalty active.

EDIT: save file link https://ufile.io/7h7ep9qb
When the game saved the pawn had legs and no injuries, also the arcotech leg worked correctly when saving.

Canute

Hi,
do you still got a original 1.2 savegame ? Then upload them please and add the link to download it.
I think the devs would like to have it, so they can reproduce it better.

augmente

Same issue happening on my save as well, which is purely a 1.3 world, so I don't think it's exclusive to 1.2.

This pawn came with a peg leg, and after reloading the game yesterday, it moved to his hand, also incapacitating him immediately upon load, and then he wasn't able to walk when he woke up. Previous saves had the issue as well.

I surgically removed the hand today (which contained the peg leg for the right thumb), attached a prosthetic arm and archotech legs. I took a break for a few hours, and upon saving and re-opening the game a few hours later, it's come back to this.

The mods I'm utilizing shouldn't affect limbs at all, but are included below.

augmente

When I went into dev mode, I was able to remove the two archotech legs from the tibia, and the peg leg again.  However, initially trying to re-add the archotech leg to the right leg was failing until I did a remove hediff on the removed leg again.

Seems to have been fixed with that.

wazah

New Colony generated yesterday.

No extra dlcs. 1.3 + Royalty(No Ideology)

Actual result: After load of the game the players are missing body parts that before load they had, and existing implants are missplaced.

Expected result: .... come on guys this broke many colonies and many players are reporting it...

Hope you can reproduce and fix it fast.

This broke a bigger colony of 200+ hs for me, also the change to the new farm mechanics is horrible, I suffered a Toxic fallout while trying to move 200+ animals and collected tons of shit on my enclosed rooms, thx ludeon, great histories, but now is
unplayable because half of my colony(with implants or not) missess jaws, have ears in their eyes, legs on their thingers, etc.

savefile: https://mega.nz/file/58JRWQCI#H8ccbErvbJB-dzQlLVLZ-15YOLSpNe2hAFiWWg6UhWI

now that I think about it, this save may be not corrupted as I proceeded to alt+f4 as I saw missing body parts in a new colony, let me know if you want me to upload it again after load.

Midz13

I'm having issues since the update on my established colony.

Yesterday, a cochlear implant on one colonist was suddenly in their eye socket, but didn't seem to be causing any issues.

However, today, that bug has fixed itself, but now another colonist who has two prosthetic legs are now attached to his tibias, and is incapable of moving.

1.3.3067 (64bit)
Compiled Jul 21 2021

ralliart2004

This completely ruined my play through. 4 of my 6 colonists' body parts are missing/shattered and prosthetics sticking out of every orifice.  The one person I can use to fix every one has 1 missing leg. 1 left arm with prosthetic 1 left shoulder shattered 1 right shoulder shattered (idk why 2 left...) but 0% manipulation. You fucked my colony. I even reverted to older saves and older versions to still have this outcome remain. I am out. Maybe test longer. Leaving a bad review over this patch.

ralliart2004

This completely ruined my playthrough. 4 of my 6 colonists' body parts are missing/shattered and prosthetics sticking out of every orifice.  The one person I can use to fix every one has 1 missing leg. 1 left arm with prosthetic 1 left shoulder shattered 1 right shoulder shattered (idk why 2 left...) but 0% manipulation. You ruined my colony. I even reverted to older saves and older versions to still have this outcome remain. I am out. Maybe test longer. Leaving a bad review over this patch. I am sure no one will care but lost any future money from me.

TheDeamon

Quote from: ralliart2004 on July 23, 2021, 11:15:17 PM
This completely ruined my play through. 4 of my 6 colonists' body parts are missing/shattered and prosthetics sticking out of every orifice.  The one person I can use to fix every one has 1 missing leg. 1 left arm with prosthetic 1 left shoulder shattered 1 right shoulder shattered (idk why 2 left...) but 0% manipulation. You fucked my colony. I even reverted to older saves and older versions to still have this outcome remain. I am out. Maybe test longer. Leaving a bad review over this patch.

It can be fixed if you're brave enough to venture into editing save game files. I was visited by this bug a couple nights ago. It incremented the index reference for certain body parts by 2, and once it fixed itself, the increment reverted back to what it was. So depending on when you added the prosthetics, you either add 2, or subtract 2 from the index to fix it.

For example, in the case one colonist to experience the bug, they had a prosthetic left hand(index 27 is normal), which had been attached to their Left humerus mysteriously(index 25) according the game. Saved the game, found the relevant spot in the save file, swapped the 27 for a 29, and problem fixed for part of the night.. Until the game decided to fix itself, and I suddenly found the prosthetic hand was now attached to one of the pawn's fingers (index 28-32 and 39-43 for the respective hand/fingers) so had to save, load the file back into the editor and swap the 29 for a 27 once again.

Obviously with how those save files are setup, there were additional corrections that had to be made regarding relevant missing fingers in that specific case, but with the wiki to guide you, you should be able to work out what you need to do. Luckily "addedpart"(augmentations) section is immediately above the "missingpart" listing in the save file for the individual pawn in question. You just have to find the pawn in the save file first, then scroll down some distance to get to the added/missing body parts.

https://rimworldwiki.com/wiki/Body_Parts