My Psychopath is a Psychopath

Started by Lost Cause, August 15, 2014, 10:53:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lost Cause

I have no idea if this is a bug or not...
One of my starting colonists had the Psychopath trait. My colony got up to a pop of 8 and now he's taking pot shots at one particular other colonist.
He does it constantly. Whether he is draughted or not. In the middle of work he will pause to fire off a few shots at my other colonist and he does it whenever he has a gun. Oddly enough though he had an m16 which is rapid fire, but he only ever fired off 1 shot at a time...
Is he meant to do that? I arrested the colonist he was trying to shoot and he stopped trying to kill them so I shall see if he takes up the pastime again once they are re-recruited.
If he does I'll have to sell him off which will upset everyone else in the colony... oddly enough he would have been fine with it X.x
It doesn't matter how many arms a colonist has as long as one of them is a Minigun!

UrbanBourbon

Tell me all about both colonists. What (other) traits do they have? Their childhood and adulthood backgrounds? In alpha 5, undrafted colonists would sometimes take shots at visible enemies and continue doing what they were doing. In your case it's probably a bug though. Also, this is the 'Suggestions' section of the forum, when clearly this should be in the 'Bugs' section.

If you want to keep him, I'd seriously suggest you keep him disarmed. It might be interesting to see if he'd melee attack the other guy if he got too close!

Lost Cause

The psycho was a steadfast psychopath underworld urchin gone colony settler
The target was a steadfast and industrious medieval slave gone bartender.
I did take my pet psycho's gun away and he stopped attacking even if the other colonist walked right past him. The moment he got a gun again he shot the other colonists eye out X.x
So I arrested the other colonist, re-recruited them and the psycho just ignored them from then on so yes it looks like it was a bug, and I have no idea how I ended up posting in this forum. It isn't what I intended.
It doesn't matter how many arms a colonist has as long as one of them is a Minigun!