Mod Button won't open Mods on Main Screen

Started by QueenWarrior4, July 20, 2021, 10:10:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

QueenWarrior4

So I waited until Ideology was playable, I only loaded the mods of the same version.
I played, and realized that I was struggling ( I am not a good player by any means and need some mods to help manage things for me ) and I was struggling with the mess/ cleaning/ animal filth so I just wanted to get the mod that cleans a specific area. I realized my mod button would not load the mod page at all, I shut down the game, ( I checked on workshop to see if there was a mod for the new version ) I also updated my game, I went back into the game and the button still does not work, I'm aware that I could go into the game files to remove all the mods and probably get it working that way, but not everyone understands how to do that, and if I could try and help that's something I would like to do. Also if I have to keep going in and out of the folders ( which I'm not currently accustomed with ) would be a bit of a hassle and I don't think I could handle that ( mental health reasons ) especially with no help..

I will be going to bed soon due to sleeping meds knocking me out but I will be available tomorrow.
I did hear there is a discord ( I haven't found the link for it yet though ) but you can DM me there if that's easier ( it would be for me ) QueenWarrior4#0430 - If you need anything more then this list then please do feel free to message me here or on discord, I'm new to this site though so I'm not familiar with it but I will refresh it in the morning when I get up to check it

https://gist.github.com/6b09e4247b2736981bb525464daf7068

Version 1.3.3066

Thanks!

Canute

You are not the first one with the problem.
Did you use a Mod Manager mod maybe ? I think that is the problem. But can't resolve it because lack of feedback.

At the saved data location (button at the Options) you find the Config folder.
Inside Config you find ModConfig.xml and a backup one, delete these to reset the modlist.
Alternativ you can use an offline modmanager like RimPy to manage your modlist before you start Rimworld. Useful at larger modlist when a rimworld startup would take serveral minutes.

About the discord server, a simple search for "Rimworld Discord" at various searchengines should give you a result.
https://discordapp.com/invite/K4wQe57

QueenWarrior4

Hello Canute,

The only reason I didn't use the discord to report this or search for it, I knew there would be rules I needed to read and find the appropriate place to post this, but I knew there would be a forum and I had the logs copied and ready to go!

I opened the local files
[ Right Click RimWorld in Library > Manage > Browse Local Files > Mods > ]
Looked for _LocalCopy_ of Mod Manager - Deleted it.

Opened RimWorld, Clicked Mods Button
It opened perfectly fine!

It was easy knowing what file I was specifically looking for to do this!
Is there anything else you need or would like me to do?

( I'm now in the RimWorld Discord, thank you for the link! )