Mechanoids

Started by vagineer1, August 15, 2014, 10:54:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vagineer1

Mechanoids are ridiculously overpowered. Just one hit from a Centipede and my colonists die. I have loaded my save several times and the result is the same: All of my colonists die. It's gotten to the point in which I use the dev tools to remove the Mechanoid.
You see this tank?

This tank is the epitome of "I'm going to destroy you"

This tank can make Chuck norris cry.

All hail the Takemikazuchi.

Fernbhoy

are you fighting them in cover? Using turrets? what weapons have you got?

vagineer1

Quote from: fernbhoy on August 15, 2014, 10:57:35 AM
are you fighting them in cover? Using turrets? what weapons have you got?

Pistols and a Lee Enfield. This save isn't very old, I am about 36 days in. A single centipede dropped right in the middle of my store room and started to kill me colonists.
You see this tank?

Rahjital

Fighting a centipede directly with just pistols and Enfields is a bad idea. If it lands in you base, it takes it longer to open the drop pod, which should give your colonists long enough to run away.

What you should do is kite it with the Enfield, ie let it come into your range, take a shot and run. If the mech is armed with a charge blaster or a minigun, it's easy, if it has an Inferno cannon, you'll have to dodge a bit :P Eventually the damage will slow it down so much your colonist won't even have to run away anymore.

They key is not to fight it directly, though.

vagineer1

Quote from: Rahjital on August 15, 2014, 11:20:43 AM
Fighting a centipede directly with just pistols and Enfields is a bad idea. If it lands in you base, it takes it longer to open the drop pod, which should give your colonists long enough to run away.

What you should do is kite it with the Enfield, ie let it come into your range, take a shot and run. If the mech is armed with a charge blaster or a minigun, it's easy, if it has an Inferno cannon, you'll have to dodge a bit :P Eventually the damage will slow it down so much your colonist won't even have to run away anymore.

I don't think Mechanoids should be allowed to drop pod into your base at all. It is very much unfair.
You see this tank?

Shinzy

Quote from: vagineer1 on August 15, 2014, 11:23:02 AM

I don't think Mechanoids should be allowed to drop pod into your base at all. It is very much unfair.

I don't even know how they fit in those =P atleast the centipedes
some sort of paratrooper mechanoid could be nice though

vagineer1

Quote from: Shinzy on August 15, 2014, 11:32:21 AM
Quote from: vagineer1 on August 15, 2014, 11:23:02 AM

I don't even know how they fit in those =P atleast the centipedes
some sort of paratrooper mechanoid could be nice though

As long as they don't kill in one hit then I'm all for it.
You see this tank?

HatesYourFace

Put your colonists into cover with room to step to one side, whenever the Centipede targets one of them wait till it's just about done aiming then move that colonist to the side and out of LOS, it will be forced to pick another target and begin aiming again, put the original colonist back into cover shooting the Centipede. Rinse and repeat with every colonist it targets in turn until it's dead. This obviously only works when there aren't too many of them. (I had a Centipede break into an outbuilding with a generator, after destroying it he began advancing down the 1 square wide hallway connecting the outbuilding to my base. Engaging him with superior numbers in such a narrow space was out of the question, and no 1 colonist could stand toe to toe with him, but using this tactic I destroyed him with 2 colonists in cover alternating shooting/hiding without taking any hits.) If you can get him into the open you can also kite him with the Lee-Enfield I guess but that's time consuming.
If you have any 2 of the following 3 things: Time, Interest, or Ability; Head on over to the RimWorld wiki and help improve/update it! http://rimworldwiki.com

Robovski

EMP Grenades help - if you have any. Mechanoids adapt to them but they can stun the target while you pour lead into it.

Cyclops

Man, EMP weapons have saved the lives of my colonists more than once. Their stun is brutal. Always keep EMP grenades on hand.

Fernbhoy

yep, them emp mortars rule too.

incidentally, are psychotic waves meant to continue after the ruin is destroyed?

Sepkan

Well I'm not going to do any thing but link this:http://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=5201.0

vagineer1

Emp grenades are helpful? I've just been selling them due to the fact that they are worth over 200 silver.
You see this tank?

HatesYourFace

Quote from: vagineer1 on August 16, 2014, 02:49:30 AM
Emp grenades are helpful? I've just been selling them due to the fact that they are worth over 200 silver.

Idk about the grenades but the EMP Mortar has like twice the AOE size of the the other Mortars and the stun lasts really long, like long enough to perma-stun them if the Mortar keeps hitting.
If you have any 2 of the following 3 things: Time, Interest, or Ability; Head on over to the RimWorld wiki and help improve/update it! http://rimworldwiki.com

vagineer1

Quote from: HatesYourFace on August 16, 2014, 04:39:27 PM
Quote from: vagineer1 on August 16, 2014, 02:49:30 AM

Idk about the grenades but the EMP Mortar has like twice the AOE size of the the other Mortars and the stun lasts really long, like long enough to perma-stun them if the Mortar keeps hitting.

I'll just wait until the mortar's accuracy is fixed. Right now they are too costly and very inaccurate.
You see this tank?