pawns are invisible after update

Started by midnightblade, July 21, 2021, 09:51:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

midnightblade

so i play with all expansions and after the update i started a new world, with pawns and they are invisible, they are there but i cant see their avatars, i am sure it has something to do with the change like beard etc
also the husky (i assume?) was half appearing 
also i play without mods. ive seen someone else report this here too

Ark

Game version? Windows/Linux/Mac? Player.log? https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=513.0
Try to change the resolution and windowed/fullscreen. Try wearing/dropping clothes.

AnnAquamarine

This is not resolution problem. I have the same issue. Here's part of log. Orange is my pawn. And it's same with other pawns, animals are ok.

Exception drawing Orange: System.MissingMethodException: void RimWorld.PawnCacheRenderer.RenderPawn(Verse.Pawn,UnityEngine.RenderTexture,UnityEngine.Vector3,single,single,Verse.Rot4,bool,bool,bool,bool,bool,UnityEngine.Vector3,System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2<RimWorld.Apparel, UnityEngine.Color>,bool)
  at (wrapper dynamic-method) Verse.PawnRenderer.Verse.PawnRenderer.GetBlitMeshUpdatedFrame_Patch1(Verse.PawnRenderer,Verse.PawnTextureAtlasFrameSet,Verse.Rot4,Verse.PawnDrawMode)
  at (wrapper dynamic-method) Verse.PawnRenderer.Verse.PawnRenderer.RenderPawnAt_Patch4(Verse.PawnRenderer,UnityEngine.Vector3,System.Nullable`1<Verse.Rot4>,bool)
  at Verse.Pawn_DrawTracker.DrawAt (UnityEngine.Vector3 loc) [0x00000] in <42407eb24a9d4d5ea4f2744625360de3>:0
  at Verse.Pawn.DrawAt (UnityEngine.Vector3 drawLoc, System.Boolean flip) [0x00006] in <42407eb24a9d4d5ea4f2744625360de3>:0
  at Verse.Thing.Draw () [0x00015] in <42407eb24a9d4d5ea4f2744625360de3>:0
  at Verse.ThingWithComps.Draw () [0x0000e] in <42407eb24a9d4d5ea4f2744625360de3>:0
  at Verse.DynamicDrawManager.DrawDynamicThings () [0x000d8] in <42407eb24a9d4d5ea4f2744625360de3>:0 

Ark

It's hard to tell if it is the same issue when people aren't verbose and don't submit logs. I can make pawns invisible by changing resolution on Linux 1.3.3066 with Intel graphics. But I don't get any errors. (https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=54614.0)

AnnAquamarine

Ok, I think I found something. Problem gone after turning off HugsLib. I left Harmony and maaaaaany other mods running and it seems fine now. I'll try to write on HugsLib steam page.

midnightblade are you using HugsLib too? Try to turn it off and report again with log.

midnightblade

RimWorld 1.3.3066 rev574
UnityEngine.StackTraceUtility:ExtractStackTrace ()
Verse.Log:Message (string)
RimWorld.VersionControl:LogVersionNumber ()
Verse.Root:CheckGlobalInit ()
Verse.Root:Start ()
Verse.Root_Entry:Start ()

Loading game from file THISSS with mods:
  - Ludeon.RimWorld
  - Ludeon.RimWorld.Ideology
  - Ludeon.RimWorld.Royalty
UnityEngine.StackTraceUtility:ExtractStackTrace ()
Verse.Log:Message (string)
Verse.SavedGameLoaderNow:LoadGameFromSaveFileNow (string)
Verse.Root_Play/<>c:<Start>b__1_1 ()
Verse.LongEventHandler:RunEventFromAnotherThread (System.Action)
Verse.LongEventHandler/<>c:<UpdateCurrentAsynchronousEvent>b__27_0 ()
System.Threading.ThreadHelper:ThreadStart_Context (object)
System.Threading.ExecutionContext:RunInternal (System.Threading.ExecutionContext,System.Threading.ContextCallback,object,bool)
System.Threading.ExecutionContext:Run (System.Threading.ExecutionContext,System.Threading.ContextCallback,object,bool)
System.Threading.ExecutionContext:Run (System.Threading.ExecutionContext,System.Threading.ContextCallback,object)
System.Threading.ThreadHelper:ThreadStart ()

this is literally all the log
game version is 1.3.3066
and no i dont use hugslib nor mods

Pheanox

If you are still having this problem please provide:

A screen shot of the situation, the full log, and a save file.  Please let me know what OS you are using, and what graphics card.

Tartan_Wolf

I've been having the same problem since 1.3. I am using Windows and Intel G41.

1 & 2. All pawns are invisible, wildlife is a mix of invisible, visible and a bit of both (see screenshot).

3. I expected to be able to see my pawns.

4. To replicate you just have to start a new game. I am playing vanilla rimworld.

5. Save not attached as it wont let me post when i try attaching it.

Pheanox

Unfortunately with unity updates, some graphics card incompatibilities do come to the surface.  I definitely understand the frustration here.  The suggestions I have here are to update drivers and if there are still issues, please post in the Support forum, this is a hardware issue, not something wrong with the code of RimWorld.