[1.3.3067] Disabling cutting in growing zone does not work

Started by Desivy, July 21, 2021, 05:25:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Desivy

Started playing the game after the new small update.

Noticed a pawn started cutting in a growing zone that had cutting disabled.
Tried clicking the "allow cutting" button a few times/remaking growing zone. Didnt work.

Disabled all mods and started a new game with Dev mode enabled.
Created a new growing zone, disabled cutting, grew a few potatoes and grew them to maturity.
Pawns immediately started cutting grown potatoes.

meathelmet2001

Vizibl3

The circumstances/what happened: I was growing rice and psychoid plants but already have enough in storage so i wanted to leave the plants uncut as a sort of living storage but my farmers are ignoring that the plants are in grow zone that only has sowing allowed and are cutting fully grown plants regardless
What I expect to happen: I was thinking that by disabling cutting that my pawns would leave the fully grown plants alone until they were either destroyed or died from age.
Steps you can follow to get the bug:
1) make a grow zone and grow I think anything but I tested with corn and psychoid plants.
2) disable cutting either by highlighting multiple grow zones or by selecting them one at a time
2.5) save and load the game maybe?
3) let the plants grow to 100% and make sure your farming pawn is prioritized to grow and cut

Work around: Remove the grow zones until you want to cut the plants then replace the grow zone which is kinda work intensive.

here's a link to a google drive with my save file https://drive.google.com/file/d/1THGTA5DlTz0IUDsYw8mxRHLK2C2XH7Le/view?usp=sharing

Anarcraft

This isn't "Cutting" that is happening, it's "Harvesting".  You'd need a mod that lets you disable harvesting.

Ark

It is, however, a confusing issue. I also thought "Cool, they have added a do-not-harvest button.". I could have used it today.
It is actually an allow-cutting-of-trees-that-are-on-or-next-to-the-growing-zone button with "cut plants" icon. Right next to the allow-sowing button. To appease the tree-huggers.
Having allow-sowing, allow-harvesting and allow-clearing-of-trees buttons with appropriate icons would be much clearer. There is a tooltip, but the difference between cutting and harvesting can be a bit hazy.
I'm thinking of an icon of a green sapling, the existing "harvest" icon and an icon of wheat, tree and an axe.

More confused people:
Plant Cut not selected but colonists harvest the plants
[1.3.3067] Disabling cutting in growing zone does not work
Stop "Allow cutting" doesn't work

Banditzz

So i create an area for haygrass to grow, allow sow but disallow cutting.
this is for my animals, i leave it and next thing i know the colonists are cutting the plants.

Thanks,

top2000

Ark

Scarfish

I try to manage my growing zones with the allow cutting option but it seems not working properly. My farmers keep cutting my fields no matter what I choose.

Buggy or me stupid ?

Canute

Does your farmer cut or harvest the plant's.
Disallow cutting only prevent "plant cut" job not harvesting from "grow" job's.

Scarfish

He harvests.

Is there a way not to allow to harvest but allow to sow ?

skullywag

In what scenario would you NOT want to harvest?
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Ark

Colonists prioritize harvesting over sowing. If you have an ample supply of food and fields of ripe corn, they go harvest the corn while neglecting to sow the healroot which you sorely need.
Or perhaps the field is a bit distant and you want to avoid walking back and forth as plants ripen at slightly different times.
It's very confusing when you put "sow" and "cut" buttons next to eachother when they are not quite related.
Also: [1.3.3074] Farmers Cutting plants in grow zones with cutting disabled