[1.3.3067] Apostate opinion debuff wrongfully applied?

Started by 82ab53e4, July 22, 2021, 02:28:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

82ab53e4

I have an ideology with "Apostasy: abhorrent" precept, and i noticed that my colonists dislike pawns after converting them into my ideology. Description of precept "To leave our ideoligion after having known it is depth of immorality" gives a strong impression that it should only be applied to those who left our ideology, not ones who just joined it.
So, ether it is wrongfully applied or it has very misleading description.

vonflare

Circumstances:
An ideology has the precept Apostasy: Disapproved
One of your priests converts someone to your ideology.

Current Behavior:
The new member gets -20 opinion (Apostate) from everyone in his new ideology. Everyone now hates the new member of the ideology, including whoever just converted him, because he had the gall to change his ideology (to yours!).

Expected Behavior:
Colonists who hate apostasy should not have a negative opinion of someone who has converted to their ideology, only people who convert to another ideology. At the very least they should not if their ideology also has the Proselytizer precept. If this behavior is intended then Proselytizer should be incompatible with Apostasy: Disapproved

NothingToLose

My Ideoligion includes Apostasy:Abhorrent, I captured a hostile pawn from the first raid that came after me and converted him to my Ideoligion. My starter pawns now dislike him, -41 (Apostate). I'm pretty sure they should only dislike people for being apostates if they leave my Ideoligion to join another.

All that should be required to reproduce this is to have an Ideoligion with Apostasy:Abhorrent (may still trigger on other levels of apostasy), then convert someone from another Ideoligion to your own.

I'm unfortunately unable to provide the suggested/required save and log attachments.

Endovior

There's a lot of posts about this one in various places. Definitely seems like a bug.