Colonits starving when they shouldnt be.

Started by CosmicKobal, November 04, 2013, 06:40:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CosmicKobal

Has anyone else had any problems with their colonists suffering mental breakdowns from starvation even when there was a surplus of unrefined food, a food machine(cant remember the name), and enough power coming from a turbine?

I just had 2 colonists end up wandering in a daze :(

Zorbane

Couple notes just in case:

Colonists won't take unrefined food from a stockpile and eat it you have to harvest a plant and then they will eat it
Was the Nutrient Resynthesizer powered?  If its unpowered there's the lightning bolt icon on it.

CosmicKobal

Yes, the nutrient resynthesizer was power. I turned off all of my lights and doors to make absolutely sure. The only time anyone would eat anything is when i harvested bushes out in the wild. I have no idea what caused it and wasnt able to reproduce it.

also, for some reason on this forum, when I use an apostrophe, it causes Firefox to crash. I dont know if that is my pc or the forum though

Also, Im using version 0.0.250 on 64 bit windows 7 if that matters

SteveAdamo

did you setup one or more growing areas? the food synth requires the raw materials...

if you only had a growing area setup, that would be sufficient to feed the folks (although they would be unhappy about it)...

having a powered food synthesizer makes them happier, and if you are sure it was powered, but they never went to it for their meals, this would indeed be a bug...

if you have an associated save game, it would help to attach it...

Xanting

Is your food dispenser in a room with prisoner beds?

Colonists are unable to use food dispensers in the same room with prisoner beds as only prisoners will use them. That's the only thing I can think of if you have food stockpiled and power to it.

SteveAdamo

Quote from: Xanting on November 05, 2013, 12:27:23 AM
Is your food dispenser in a room with prisoner beds?

excellent point... so, make sure you have raw food to be used in the dispenser (planting areas), and make sure the dispenser is accessible to your colonists...

CosmicKobal

I had 3 growing areas setup but no food was able to be harvested yet. I had just traded all except 100 of my food for some weapons and It would have worked fine if not for the bug. I still had 60 food left in the stockpile, there were no prisoner beds in the same room as the food synth and the synth was accessible to the colonists.

CosmicKobal

KK, I found the save file and tried to upload it, but it's slightly too big, I wasn't able to post it.

CosmicKobal

nm... I feel like an idiot, but I managed to save over it even though I had it clearly named.... sorry for all the trouble. I'll be sure to make 3 copies and let you guys know if it happens again

British

You can always try to use the autosave files...

Also, please edit your posts if nobody else posted afterwards, instead of double/triple posting.