Namemaker for items?

Started by JuliaEllie, August 15, 2014, 04:23:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JuliaEllie

Hey everyone
is there a way to use the namemaker for items like crafts/art/etc to make items with the same <defName> but random <label> and <description> from a NameBank without an .dll so I only have to make one item with many variations?

thanks for your help

Shinzy

Quote from: JuliaEllie on August 15, 2014, 04:23:39 PM
Hey everyone
is there a way to use the namemaker for items like crafts/art/etc to make items with the same <defName> but random <label> and <description> from a NameBank without an .dll so I only have to make one item with many variations?

thanks for your help

Planning on making abstract art paintings? With random label and description
Label: "Lone Haybale in Klutzholme"
Description: "The ____ in ____ was heavily inspired by ____ when ___ _____ on the surface of the _____. The artist later ____ because of ____ and never ____ again.. There are many theories revolving around why ______ looks like _____ but whatever the case, whoever painted this painting was completely _____"

It's a really fun idea I have to admit! But I'm afraid it's not doable without .dll

Someone with the knowhow might be able to make one for you, though
(One can always hope!)
There'd be lot of interesting uses for something like this for sure!

JuliaEllie

Thank you. This is a very cool idea actually I was planning to introduce crafts for trading so Urist McSpacefarer has something to do in the RimWorlds :D Sadly I dont have enough badges in C# to train RimWorld but a random generator should be possible to make the only problem would be the communication with the rest of the game.