2022 - Let`s talk about Sarcophagus

Started by Yoshida Keiji, February 04, 2022, 07:48:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yoshida Keiji

I have played three games since a year or two hiatus and now started a fourth. I didn`t launch any spaceship due to the boredom of nonsensical grinding for advanced components.

So my new game is another Lost Tribe scenario, but this time in Arid Shrubland. Yet, immediately after map generation and first ever "pause" just to scan my new map, I noticed some old ruins around the map. These locations are always my first to go when I have nothing built yet to save myself the early harsh moment by taking over old structures and settling down as fast as possible.

But I noticed the oddity that through the entire map... there`s 13... yes 13 sarcophaguses around the whole place, and they are all like in the center of dinning rooms. I believe there`s quite a misplacement of coding values as to how many they spawn per ruin in a map. There`s too many of them, and badly positioned. This is my problem now.

So my first thought was: "Okay, just uninstall them or re-install them." But guess what... You can`t. We can reinstall large research benches but not sarcophaguses. How many large furnitures and production benches can we re-install that are by far larger than a sarcophagus? So the only option left is to just deconstruct them for some early stone blocks. All sarcophaguses are also empty, so it`s not like we have some treasure finding adventure like in the dangerous rooms.

Can you make sarcophagus reinstallable?

Yoshida Keiji

Map Generation, bad algorithms. Notice a total of 8 sargophaguses inside a building, like if a cementery would be larger than their mainbase

Map generation, bad algorithms: Tell me, does that building actually require any columns?

LakeWobegon

No one cares, the base game has mind boggling terrible optimization, hundreds of bugs, inconsistencies and glaring shortcomings ranging from a minor annoyance to game breaking but no one cares. Right now they only care with creating and selling dlcs. Game quality is not even an afterthought so good luck with the ruin algorhythms.

Alenerel

I kinda agree but also consider this... Monuments looks very much like this. And columns are also decorative. Does the pantheon need that many columns? lol

So your screenshot could be an ancient monument.