Darkness meme oversight?

Started by etet2, July 23, 2021, 09:57:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

etet2

the combat buff that comes from that is only active in enclosed indoor areas and druing the night. However it doesn't work in caves and roofed areas since they're techincally outdoors. I'm not sure if this is intended or not but it does not make a lot of sense. IDK if this is better suited to post in bug reports but i'd like to see this fixed

zgrssd

Roofed areas at least prevent the -20% penalty.
So think of it more like 3 stages of coverage:

- uncovered (-20% accuracy)
- covered (+/- 0%)
- covered indoors (+20%).

Mirador

Hello,

Actually, roofed area don't prevent the -20% penalty. All it do is prevent the -8 mood debuff.

With this precept, you either have the combat bonus or penalty. There is no middle ground.

That being say, your pawn don't need to be in dark area as such, only your target need to be, it can be either an indoor dark area (darktorch or under 30% light) or outdoor when light is under 30% (night, eclipse or sunblocker).

So, since the cave is not enclosed, you still get the penalty.

I guess that storywise, we could say that the cave is still lit by outdoor light so that why you don't get those bonus.

Otherwise, if they change this, it would mean that any dark roofs area (enclosed or not) would give them that bonus, which might be a bit unbalanced.

etet2

i really dont see how that's unbalanced - and even if it is. All this does is make me cover half of the map with giga buildings with open doors to have a fighting chance against raids. Storywise bunch of cave systems and roofed areas would really work better