[MOD Request/Feature Request] Delayed Ideology

Started by kristkos, July 23, 2021, 12:50:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kristkos

I'm not sure how this will work, yet, I need it. I do consider when starting with Tribal/Naked Brutality, for the ideology not to be set in stone and having a delayed start, or being built by the actions you do.

It forces some playtroughs in one specific style and I'm unsure I dig the ideology system for that matter.

VitaKaninen

From what I understand, you will be able to disable it just like you can with Royalty.

Aeronic

I too would love something like this. The ability to have the religion evolve via actions, scenarios and things like drug use would be much more 'natural' for a religion to be born. It feels artificial to start a colony and instantly they are all ready to believe this or that.

kristkos

Quote from: VitaKaninen on July 23, 2021, 04:48:41 PM
From what I understand, you will be able to disable it just like you can with Royalty.

Not exactly, I do like the system and I do want to play it, if you pick it from the start, to have the best outcome, let's say with mood, you have to do stuff like expected day one. What I want is not to have that choice at the beginning and for it to develop over quadrons. Even in Royalty with their quests you have options not to pick Favor and pick goodwill or some other stuff. My main point even with it activated to be something to choose to do instead of forced to do.

Quote from: Aeronic on July 23, 2021, 05:16:53 PM
I too would love something like this. The ability to have the religion evolve via actions, scenarios and things like drug use would be much more 'natural' for a religion to be born. It feels artificial to start a colony and instantly they are all ready to believe this or that.

Exactly! I have very mixed feelings about the forced nature of it, but I do love it, all things considered. Go cannibalism ? Cannibalism edict! Raise pets? Druid stuff. Research quickly? Technological one.

Or at least, I'm hopping to have at least 1 year of game time, and then start having a religion.

VitaKaninen

I misunderstood what you meant, then. 

I thought you were under the impression that when the patch was released, that all games would be required to use Ideology, and that you were asking for a delay in the patch release date.