[1.3.3069] Pawns refuse to eat meals made of venerated animals...

Started by weekendwarrior, July 23, 2021, 02:39:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

weekendwarrior

...which probably makes sense. But, at the same time, they have the "Seriously required" Meat eating precept. So while eating the meals would only give them "Ate venerated meat -8" mood penalty, eating stuff like berries and milk gives them "Ate non-meat -10", and if they only eat raw food, because there's nothing else, that additionally gives them "Ate raw food -7", for a grand total of -17 penalty... And that's broken.

Save: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1GeqD-KP5WFzrMclw16rOxeePFJ3SEgMV/view

(Yes, I have the Show draftees weapons + Harmony enabled, but I doubt that that makes a difference.)

weekendwarrior

And by the way, the fact that it takes just one meal to spoil the entire stack is quite broken as well. There should probably be a similar mechanic as with the meals cooked from human meat.

Pheanox

Milk, eggs, and insect jelly count as meat as of 1.3.3087.  Pawns not eating venerated meat is as intended.  When people talk about one meal spoiling a stack, I need them to be more specific.  This was how it used to work in 1.2, but was implimented and tested to not be this way in 1.3.  Is this specifically not working in 1.3, or is this just the behavior you expect from 1.2 and weren't aware it was changed?  Can you provide a save demonstrating this is still a problem?