Solar powered bases with no batteries.

Started by GoblinCookie, July 27, 2021, 01:43:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GoblinCookie

The game generated a mining base for me to attack.  The base was however solar powered, but it had no batteries meaning that the heating would go off every night. 

Pheanox

Generation bugs like this are critical to have saves to reproduce, as I could spend days generating bases and never see it happen.  If you have a save of this, it would be greatly appreciated.

GoblinCookie

It is unfortunate that the size of a Rimworld save file, even when compressed exceeds the maximum attachment size allowed by this forum. 

The issue is within this particular world at least reliable, I have attacked three bases so far, two mining bases and one hunting base, with all three bases lacking batteries.  All three bases did however belong to factions of the Dark Temple religion and were decorated with a large number of gibbet cages (very tasty  :) ). 

It could be that the element in ideology that causes the gibbet cages to be placed is responsible.  Rather than simply someone forgetting to add in the batteries for those particular bases, it could instead be that the gibbet cages have in all three cases overwritten the batteries by having been placed on the same spot. 

GoblinCookie

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Zr_CQVkUuGruFnpup53PJUwEuxsPOwOL/view?usp=sharing

Here is the save file. I still wish this company would pay for it's own file-storage rather than leeching off third-party entities though. :(

Pheanox