Changes to Animals

Started by OhioAstro, July 21, 2021, 12:34:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Canute

QuoteThey were perfectly fine for how many years and suddenly they need to change in this patch. Suddenly now they are a problem, a problem no one was complaining about.
I am not happy with the new animals too, but i like it when the devs doing things the community don't ask for ! :-)
It is Ludeon's game, they "maybe" got some reason/idea's for that.
But honestly, who didn't assign some strong to an area, and let them guard/block the front door at this way. While the pawns shoot from behind ? And all this without training.

Luckly, they made the game full modable too. And when you don't like anything, i bet you will find a mod that change it like.
Train All Animals

Locklave

Quote from: Canute on July 27, 2021, 07:06:57 AM
QuoteThey were perfectly fine for how many years and suddenly they need to change in this patch. Suddenly now they are a problem, a problem no one was complaining about.
I am not happy with the new animals too, but i like it when the devs doing things the community don't ask for ! :-)
But honestly, who didn't assign some strong to an area, and let them guard/block the front door at this way. While the pawns shoot from behind ? And all this without training.

Luckly, they made the game full modable too. And when you don't like anything, i bet you will find a mod that change it like.
Train All Animals

I'm not objecting to doing things no one asked for, to be clear. I object to things being nerfed to make something new seem more desirable.

Yes, it's stupid meta play to put animals in the path. Problem however is the raiders don't target non trained animals anymore according to the patch notes. So that problem, by problem I mean people lacking the self control to avoid exploiting, is already resolved. My solution till now was to not do it and other people doing it didn't matter to my game. So I didn't do that, because it's dumb.

I read people talking about realism in here. Opinions as wide as an ocean and as deep as a puddle. "Horses can't haul IRL" is my favorite. Horses IRL get used to carry stuff around in towns and move things around for people resulting in more things getting places faster. They can do that in caravans in game but not in your actual settlement itself, unlike IRL. Them hauling solo was the closest thing we had to them actually doing something reflective of RL albeit in a silly way. They should be following people with a lead to load up a bunch of stuff to avoid extra trips. Now they just sit around and do nothing in a pen.

I want some realism, I don't want rats hauling or rescuing people. So please don't condescend to me about the game being modable as if the entire premise of my statement is without merit. I've been playing since 2014 long before it came to steam. It's come a long way from the 120+ man raids, Ultra killboxes and massive 30+ turret nest of the past. It came all that way by addressing the problems, not from saying mod it. I'm not sure if you meant it that way but it sure read that way to me.

zgrssd

Quote from: Locklave on July 27, 2021, 05:14:10 PM
Quote from: Canute on July 27, 2021, 07:06:57 AM

Train All Animals

I'm not objecting to doing things no one asked for, to be clear. I object to things being nerfed to make something new seem more desirable.

Yes, it's stupid meta play to put animals in the path. Problem however is the raiders don't target non trained animals anymore according to the patch notes. So that problem, by problem I mean people lacking the self control to avoid exploiting, is already resolved.
The animals would still be in the way of movement. And now that raiders no longer attack them, they have no option to remove the block.

Flight is the best option it seems.