[1.3] Auto slaughter killing oldest babies first.

Started by G-Fiti, July 24, 2021, 02:48:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

G-Fiti

As the title says. It seems this is might intended?? It doesn't make any sense though.

The reason you want young animals is so you can slaughter the adult ones and replace them with young ones once they are grown up.

Right now you can't use the limit on young animals intuetively. Set it too low and you never have new adults to eventually replace the existing ones.

TheDeamon

Quote from: G-Fiti on July 24, 2021, 02:48:18 PM
As the title says. It seems this is might intended?? It doesn't make any sense though.

The reason you want young animals is so you can slaughter the adult ones and replace them with young ones once they are grown up.

Right now you can't use the limit on young animals intuetively. Set it too low and you never have new adults to eventually replace the existing ones.

Probably could use a toggle for the non-adult and pregnant animals to allow us to invert the order of being slaughtered. So we could have it slaughter the youngest, and the least advanced pregnancy respectively.

zgrssd

That it slaughters the oldest first is generally a good idea. If I have more breeding males then I need, killing the older makes sure I keep breeding males as young as possible.

But yes, with youngest Auto-slaughter, the youngest one is indeed preferable. You already paid the food to have them grow up. And you want them to get into the Adult category as soon as possible.

Pheanox

I'll add a suggestion that auto slaughter goes for oldest first to our list of ideas, thanks for the report.

zgrssd

Quote from: Pheanox on August 18, 2021, 06:53:53 PM
I'll add a suggestion that auto slaughter goes for oldest first to our list of ideas, thanks for the report.
Auto slaughter of juvenlies, right?

Because going for youngest is perfectly valid for the mature ones - where you want to keep the breeding stock young.