Possible bug involving sending multiple colonists to attack

Started by CosmicKobal, November 06, 2013, 09:43:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CosmicKobal

I don't know if it's a bug or not, but when I select more than 1 drafted colonist at a time and right click on a raider/boomrat/squirrel/etc to tell my selected group to attack, all that happens is that my selected colonists think I'm giving them all a move order to that location instead. so i have to manually select each colonist and tell them which enemy to fire at.

Everything is fine if I only have one drafted colonist selected though. This is reproducable and has happened in every single one of my game.

Running build 0.0.250 on 64 bit windows 7

enystrom8734

As far as I know, right clicking anywhere a menu doesnt popup with a draftee will cause them to move. This could be a process enhancement to RTS like commands, however when attacking raiders you are able to select Fire at or Melee. You are also able to pause and give orders, so this may be a non-issue, since it is NOT an RTS.
E Nystrom - @enystrom8734

CosmicKobal

I'm not entirely sure we're on the same page on this one.

When I have more than 1 drafted colonist selected, there is no way that I've found, including a popup menu with 'fire at ____' or 'Melee attack ____', for my group to all attack a single target without manually selecting and altering every ones firing orders individually

When I only have 1 drafted colonist though, I can right click and the menu will pop up and I can select what I want to do. But if I can any more than 1 drafted Colonist selected and I right click on an enemy, it just sets a move order and doesn't bring up the 'fire at/melee' menu.

If just seems like it should naturally bring up the popup menu regardless of how many drafted colonists I have selected.

enystrom8734

Quote from: CosmicKobal on November 06, 2013, 10:11:42 AM
I'm not entirely sure we're on the same page on this one.

When I have more than 1 drafted colonist selected, there is no way that I've found, including a popup menu with 'fire at ____' or 'Melee attack ____', for my group to all attack a single target without manually selecting and altering every ones firing orders individually

When I only have 1 drafted colonist though, I can right click and the menu will pop up and I can select what I want to do. But if I can any more than 1 drafted Colonist selected and I right click on an enemy, it just sets a move order and doesn't bring up the 'fire at/melee' menu.

I am aware, there is currently no ability to have multiple colonists selected and target one enemy at this moment in time. My wording in my original reply was not clear, my apologies.
E Nystrom - @enystrom8734