Expansions on Steam in DRM free version?

Started by Kirschi, July 24, 2021, 11:52:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kirschi

Hello.

I bought RimWorld via the website before it came to steam, name in game package, therefore I got the DRM free version as well. Now I recently bought both expansions via steam and now I'm wondering if there's any way to install the expansions in the non-steam version. Anyone got any idea?

Thanks in advance!

Canute

DLC are just like mods.
Check where the steam launcher store mods and you should find the DLC too (I think you need let steam install rimworld too).
Once you found the location and the steam launcher download it, you just could copy it over to your DRM free location.

Edit:
But i think, the handling to have 2 rimworlds installed is abit inconvenient.
Why you don't refound the steam DLC, buy the DLC over the website and get a free Steam code for them too.

zgrssd

Quote from: Canute on July 24, 2021, 12:38:56 PM
DLC are just like mods.
Check where the steam launcher store mods and you should find the DLC too (I think you need let steam install rimworld too).
Once you found the location and the steam launcher download it, you just could copy it over to your DRM free location.
Even the basegame is mechanically just a mod for the game. A mod called "Core". A mod that is always checked. But still a mod and entry in the load order.

Kirschi

I was actually thinking about refunding and buying it via the website, maybe I'll actually do that. But thank you for your help! I have indeed found the expansions in the folder! Now I just gotta try if it works. Thanks again! :)