Prisoners eat from NPDs

Started by vagineer1, August 15, 2014, 07:35:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vagineer1

Shouldn't prisoners be able to eat from Nutrient Paste Dispensers? I (For a long time) have wanted to be able to allow my prisoners to be able to eat from NPDs so I don't have to worry to much about feeding them.
You see this tank?

This tank is the epitome of "I'm going to destroy you"

This tank can make Chuck norris cry.

All hail the Takemikazuchi.

HatesYourFace

Quote from: vagineer1 on August 15, 2014, 07:35:08 AM
Shouldn't prisoners be able to eat from Nutrient Paste Dispensers? I (For a long time) have wanted to be able to allow my prisoners to be able to eat from NPDs so I don't have to worry to much about feeding them.

Your'e going to trust convicts alone with a complicated machine? If real life is any indication, they'll be brewing hooch in it, making shivs, and using parts from it to dig an escape tunnel in 10 minutes flat lol. That's assuming they don't just trash it to spite you.
If you have any 2 of the following 3 things: Time, Interest, or Ability; Head on over to the RimWorld wiki and help improve/update it! http://rimworldwiki.com

Rahjital

Everything in a prison rooms belongs to the prisoners... except for Nutrient Paste Dispensers, which always belong to the colonists. I believe Tynan did this because people were complaining their colonists don't eat from dispensers in prison rooms. It leads to strange situations where a warden comes to the dispenser, takes the meal and immediately drops it so that the prisoner can eat it, or where your colonists take a meal from the dispenser and eat it on the ground because the table two steps away is 'not theirs'.

The only way to really solve this is allowing players to designate which equipment is to be used by prisoners and which is not.

BattleFate

Quote from: vagineer1 on August 15, 2014, 07:35:08 AM
There was a time when we could do this. But players couldn't figure out why their colonists couldn't use the NPD (they built it in the prison), and complained their colonists starved.

To me, it's much easier and nicer to have one in the prison so the prisoners can feed themselves. I mean, that's what I used to do and it was terrific. Now, because some players complained instead of figuring out how to play, it has been changed (at least that's why I assume it was changed. If there's another reason for it, then forgive me).

Either way, I want my Prison NPD back. :P

BetaSpectre

The problem wasn't that some players put one in their prisons if you ask me. Its that when there was a prison break all food would be labeled prison only but instead of saying that it said socially improper leading newer players to have no idea why no one is eating.

Though despite that your own colonists could still use prison marked Nutrient Paste Dispensors I did it all the time. Its just that they wouldn't restock for as long as it was prison marked. Or maybe glitch. Either way I think most of us want to be able to have prisoners make/get their own food without being spoon fed.

That said Prisoners might not care to know how complex machinery works or heck maybe there's a passcode.

They still eat food you drop in on them so it doesn't change much honestly. They are presumably shacked so the restraints could get in the way of cooking/working machines.
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░─╤▌██ |
░░░░░░░░─╤▂▃▃▄▄▄███████▄▃|
▂█▃▃▅▅███/█████\█[<BSS>█\███▅▅▅▃▂
◥████████████████████████████████◤
                           TO WAR WE GO