No hugslib log on startup

Started by Doomchild, July 26, 2021, 04:38:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doomchild

ever since yesterday I'm no longer getting a hugslib error log when starting the game.
I was messing around trying to get a 1.3 mod list working, restarting the game each time I changed the loadout and after a few restarts I no longer got the log window popup. I spent another hour or so switching, activating & deactivating mods but I never got the window again. even after resetting hugslib to default. I could play the game just fine without any noticable issues.
but today after trying to install Doors Expanded(dev) (which supposedly works on 1.3 despite only being 1.2 compatible), the Better Loading screen notified me an error had occurred, yet again, no error log showed up.
Better Loading shows up to Stage 11 of 11: Initializing HugsLib (Current: Initializing child mods: 3 / System.Collections.Generic.List`1[System.Object]: XenobionicPatcher) then just skips to the main menu screen.

I've tried disabling XenobionicPatcher but it's the same result, maybe whatever mod gets loaded after Xenobionic is the culprit, but Xenobionic is the last mod in the load order...

the game still seems to work fine, but it's worrying me a bit not having the report and being unable to access it (I seem to recall there being an option on the main menu screen to access it but I can't seem to find it)

Edit: well, found the log with the debug options and the game is apparently loading without errors. still, I've been playing Rimworld for years and been using HugsLib since almost from the start and the log screen on startup has always been there it's jarring to not see it. especially when Better Loading reported an error (have removed Doors Expanded from the active mods for now).
again, I can play just fine, but if anyone has info on how to re-enable this so I know if there's anything wrong with the mods I've installed as I'll likely keep adding new & updated 1.3 mods to my list.

Canute

Sorry, not sure what you mean with hugslib log.
Hugslib log is something like
https://gist.github.com/37fbced3987631c38bf7f5cc2a1350de
Did you maybe mean the ingame log window ? Don't forget that you need to enabled developer mode at the option to access the icon on top, to open them.

When the log window don't show up, and the modlist works fine, i don't know how we can help you.
Personaly i wouldn't use any 1.2 or older mods, the syntax changed to much that any 1.2 mod run's fine at 1.3.  But when you think Doors Expanded, work fine for you, it is ok.

Doomchild

yeah, turns out I meant the normal log, though it used to show up whenever I loaded the game, even when not in dev mode... I used to think it was part of HugsLib's functionality to show it. just got so used to it popping up every time I started the game. going through all the errors looking for mods causing issues... right now the only 1.2 mods I still use are simple retexture mods, so I'm not getting any errors anymore.

RawCode

with devmode off log popup is something is wrong only